Urhoghide

Just now, Salmonbones said:

It's not questionable, it's lacking - and quite rightly so.     He is not up to speed on the fitness required for Championship football.

Come on give the kid a bloody break - he's done absolutely outstanding and you bring his fitness up?    19 year old, in his 2nd competitive game.

Chill Grandad. It's just an observation, not a request to have him euthanised.

What you drinking tonight  ?

WTF:

29 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Far far too early to big him up.

His fitness also looked questionable.

That said, well done young man. There is a full back shirt with your name on it. Grab it.

His fitness will seem questionable when going from playing U23's to Brighton then Leeds suddenly.

He looks a unit, power and pace reminds me of our Dom. Long way to go but he has the physical attributes, time to give him a good run as we know Palmer is average for this level.

I have no clue why Dons would let him go though, or not resign him. Unless he didn't want to stay, which would be fair enough.

Edited by swfc-dan

2 hours ago, cowl said:

He's played 1 league game and 1 cup game. There'll come a point where we may need to protect him, but it's ridiculous to suggest that dropping him would be the way to do that!

Of course it is - he needs to play if he’s good enough (which it looks like he is). Play him, build his confidence and his first team experience. Dropping him would do neither of these but it may damage his confidence and momentum.

Just now, Rhubarb n Custard said:

He's a young lad and provided he keeps his feet firmly planted I see no reason not to continue with him.

Would hate to see this start go to his head - need to keep him grounded.

We don't help.

Already got the usual snowflakes marking him down as world class.

Wish they'd give the lad a chance to develop without pressure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Pace, power and hunger. Only 2 games in but he looks a player.

I remember being impressed by the debuts of Ash Baker and Matt Penney. Sadly they faded after a few games.

This boy looks made of different stuff to me both in physicality and his positive approach to his game.

Keep it up young un, there’s nothing better for us old uns than seeing a young player suddenly blossom. 
There’s been precious few in the last decade.

10 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I remember being impressed by the debuts of Ash Baker and Matt Penney. Sadly they faded after a few games.

This boy looks made of different stuff to me both in physicality and his positive approach to his game.

Keep it up young un, there’s nothing better for us old uns than seeing a young player suddenly blossom. 
There’s been precious few in the last decade.

They were playing in a dire team to be fair so stood out more although Baker has always looked like someone who won a game in a raffle.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Far far too early to big him up.

His fitness also looked questionable.

That said, well done young man. There is a full back shirt with your name on it. Grab it.

It's far too early to say he will be first choice for Man City by the end of january - but it's not too early to give him due credit

I actually didn't think his fitness did look a bit lacking tbh - some of those lung busting runs in the 2nd half wouldn't be made by a player trying to conserve energy

He looks a beast - strong, mobile, quick and determined with no little ability to go with it.

I think he looks a different level to Baker and Penney tbh

But as you point out it is early days and too early to make long term judgements - but hopefully he continues kicking on 

• Like 2