Urhoghide

I did wonder if Monk might take him out of the firing line today. Huge game. Local Derby.

Who knows, maybe he would have if Lees hadn't succumbed to the flu.

As it was the lad carried on where he left off at Brighton.

Had a tough start when Leeds came flying out of the blocks. But dealt with it. Grew into the game and really played without fear.

The lad has heart and courage. 

I really hope he can build on this. He seems a lovely lad.

• Like 5

Funny that one long run,he took off,left the rest of the team behind seemed to look up for support didn't see any and thought testicles I'll just keep going.Then about ten minutes later he turns up on the left wing chasing Ayling down ,brilliant.The lad must be buzzing again tonight,another interview would be interesting.

• Like 3

He's a good lad but I'd give him maybe one more game then rest him for a couple. It's easy to burn players out when they just break through, they give everything every time they get on the pitch in an attempt to impress.

Just let him catch his breath then maybe 3 or 4 more games

• Like 1

Massive respect, doesn't look phased one bit, largely had the measure of Harrison today who is a tough opponent at this level.

His youth and desire are pushing him to impressive heights this early on. Let's hope he gets plenty of time to grow and learn - he's unbelievably young to be getting chucked in at the deep end in what is a hugely pressured season for all those lads, the majority of whom are at least a decade older than him.

Very promising start indeed, let's be patient with him, and fingers crossed he'll put down real roots here and enjoy a successful career at a club that took a chance on him. Well done Osaze lad!

• Like 2

After last week, I thought he looked pretty solid but no frills, and unlikely to be the sort to venture forward much.

But today we saw the signs of the qualities that may well mark him out as having more than just a fill-in roll when injuries dictate.

Today he showed the precisely the kind of will to get forward on a number of occasions that we've crying out from our full backs.

It's early days for him, and he still needs to learn the full back position of course (as a few times he was caught out a little), but it's a very promising start for him.

• Like 1

Did anyone expect anything from him?? Being released from Wimbledon didn't exactly look promising.

So how hes took to it like a duck to water is incredible. Playing vs Brighton then Leeds and has been superb. What a start, I'm still stunned but maybe he really is a diamond in the rough.

The RB is there for him to take and run with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I don't want us to ruin this kid, and I think the only way we can do so is to drop him and "protect" him from first team football to be honest.

He's played 1 league game and 1 cup game. There'll come a point where we may need to protect him, but it's ridiculous to suggest that dropping him would be the way to do that!

To say he was up against Harrison who was Leeds main threat in the first half and full house baying for blood he did remarkably well. 

What a game to make your League debut Monk took a big gamble but the lad looked comfortable for the most part so much that he took the game to Leeds himself.

He must be on Cloud Nine tonight, he's already picked himself for next week's game. 

Fantastic to see a youngster progressing.

I don't buy the myth of drop him to protect him we always seem to like that approach instead of letting them stay in the team and learn. Other teams do it easily enough. 

If you are good enough you are ready and He's good enough for the first team the past two performances have shown that, Him, Iorfa, Borner and Fox are the defence at the moment and it shouldn't change. 

Palmer finally has competition for the right back spot - I don't count Iorfa as he's a centre back. 

Tbf Palmer has his work cut out to get that shirt back now. 

Even the Leeds journos were very impressed with him, he's a diamond in the rough and now needs polishing and tying down to a longer contract 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Watched his YouTube video after Brighton game (yes I know) to get a feel of what type of player he is  and the lad is so calm and composed. Add the fact that he has great pace and power  all attributes to become a top player

What video is this?

Edited by swfc-dan