• Murphy
    • Lee
    • Winnall
    • Luongo
    • Reach
    • Nuihu
    • Pelupessy

Dawson ..

If he hadn't made 3 key saves first half we would have been in the cack ..

The jerseys his ....

Noticed a few went Iorfa MOM

I thought he was having an off day first half hour today...:unsure:

Well done to 

Young un...

Big lad (as always does what he does best)

& Murphy ran Leeds ragged at times ....

Well done Wednesday ...

Oh and special mention

Leeds United Fc..

Thanks for coming lads ....:tango:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Iorfa for me, aka The Beast!

But everyone on that pitch today was fantastic...Even Murphy

Also the young lad really built on his debut, loved his bursts forward. Ran till his legs couldn't run no more.

The team really needs to show this desire and passion next week against Blackburn.

I think Urhoghide is having a good impression on Murphy 

26 minutes ago, PriceAPP said:

I think Urhoghide is having a good impression on Murphy 

It might be, that the responsibility to look after and protect the young lad behind him, is enhancing Murphy's game in itself.

He seems very much a confidence player, and when you're given the task of "looking after" someone, it might have given him a boost that he badly needed. 

9 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I went for Murphy for MoM. Lots of running, carried the ball well and of course that thunderous finish near the end. He's better than some people think. Can see him being a regular from here on in.

I think that collectively the defence was excellent - no one really stood out amongst the back 4 for me, and that was partly because Leeds only had a few promising chances (the games where Iorfa is making loads of last ditch tackles and recovery runs usually mean we are under lots of pressure). Also, I think Iorfa and Börner are possibly our most comfortable CB pairing ever on the ball, and this fact rendered Leeds pressing game much less effective. Börner in particular barely lost the ball and he was often under pressure, or picking a forward pass (not the sterile sideways passing the Leeds centre backs did all game).

An obvious point to finish - but we do desperately need a striker until Fletch gets fit again. Even if its someone who doesn't score many goals but can hold the ball up for 70 minutes (Nuhiu then can excel at the last 20). I thought Winnall was like teflon for the first 20 minutes, everything just seemed to bounce back off him and straight back to Leeds. He then seemed to over-compensate and carry the ball back towards goal when he got it - keeping the ball, but never trying to find any of the teammates making promising runs off him.

That’s Winnall every time he’s playing to be honest. You can see he’s trying and wants to do well, but just isn’t up to scratch 

Edited by FreshOwl

Got to be Nuhui  perfect cameo 20 minutes, turned 1 point into 3 , this is my case where you have to have him in the 16. Well done to the whole team today proud of you all,what a rollercoaster our club is, so low after festive period but now back walking tall. P.S.  Kiss my ass you  Nuhui knockers. :biggrin:

Thought the back four were brilliant. Took the early railing on the chin and got on with it. But I thought Borner and Fox in particular were superb. 

That wry smile and 'see ya later' from Fox when Costa got subbed from the action.  

Lee was so busy in midfield. Incredible work rate. 

Mention for Nuhiu too. Lots of folks would have leathered that shot over the bat,  got right underneath it. But he's caught it sweet and kept it down. Celebrating before it reached the goal line. You always know when you've struck it sweet. 

Well done to the gaffer an all.

Round pegs in rounf holes. The benefits are there to be seen.

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I went with Borner, mainly because everyone else has and we stopped over in L**ds and my head is in bits today. Just managed a couple of difficult pints before heading to L**ds Bradford RL match, pay my respects and chuck a few coins Rob Burrows way.

UTO's

• Like 1

It was an unforgettable afternoon for me, along with all Owls fans, but I lived in that poo hole for 25 years and hated every minute, especially when Leeds were doing well.  Taunting their fans at the end was magic.

Monk 3

Bielsa 0

I draw.

MOM Fox for me but Nuihu a close 2nd.  Loads moaning when he came on but an assist and a goal shut them up.  Plus he put himself about (booked) which Winnall didn't.  The new lad must be in 7th heaven?.  

1 hour ago, Anus said:

I went with Borner, mainly because everyone else has and we stopped over in L**ds and my head is in bits today. Just managed a couple of difficult pints before heading to L**ds Bradford RL match, pay my respects and chuck a few coins Rob Burrows way.

UTO's

Well done, you! He’s a top lad is Robbie burrow. Enjoy the game! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

That’s Winnall every time he’s playing to be honest. You can see he’s trying and wants to do well, but just isn’t up to scratch 

I said it in the first couple of games after we signed him. 

Technically, he's a million miles off the rest of the squad. It was even more apparent when we had the likes of Hooper and Joao competing with him aswell. 

He'll work hard, and he'll get himself into those goalscoring positions. But, he's the sort of striker, where, unless he's scoring goals, he doesn't offer much else. Technically lacking, not a great link man, not strong enough to be a target man, not particularly strong in the air and certainly not quick. He's reliant on a team been built around him (like it was at Barnsley). 

I cannot, for the life of me, see any scenario where it's beneficial to have him at the club after the 31st January. He isn't going to get himself a contract here, nor is he going to play regularly while ever he's with us. He needs to get his agent find him a club. 

2 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Murphy mom in the Sunday Times. 

No doubt he CAN do it, but I just wish he would be a bit more aggressive off the ball.

By aggression I mean increasing pace to win the ball back.

Believing he will win a tackle, and more determined, (annoyed if you like) when we've lost possession.

It's up to him really. If he can improve this his career may take a step up, whichever club he's at.

30 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

An hour ago, I got a notification from the club stating full time  Leeds v SWFC Full time 0-0.

Followed immediately by another notification Leeds v SWFC Full time 0-2.

??

The club must be on the same server as Owlstalk?

IMG_8712.png

I got them too