• Borner
    • Murphy
    • Lee
    • Winnall
    • Luongo
    • Reach
    • Nuihu
    • Pelupessy

I've been critical of Winnall and Nuhiu all week but have to say they both put in hell of a shift. Winnall kept at it playing the lone forward with no one in real support but he stuck at it and nearly scored a couple of times (I worry when they are not there to miss chances).  

Nuhiu came on at the right time when Leeds had run out of ideas and the last thing they wanted was a very unpredictable giant in their faces.

Love it when you have to eat humble pie.  

25 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Lee for me, especially considering he’s apparently finished as a footballer at this level.

Borner was mom in my opinion but I agree with your sarcastic post as there have been a number of negative OT posters writing Kieran Lee off. I thought he was great today - love watching him play like that. 

3 hours ago, hugeowl said:

I don't think I can chose but 

Dawson , Lee , Baz , Borner , Big Dom , and Young un  all have claims 

The rest not far behind .

Take a bow Mr  Monk    The real Gary !

It's the real Garry - but not the first or last to make that error. You have to think his parents' couldn't spell because it just don't seem right? 

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.29490d687ce318994260f0d4e12f4e8b.png

==============================================

Untitled.thumb.jpg.8a557c23a0ee3a7d5b3c26e3bb3f248c.jpg

=============================

Substitutions

Winnall ---> Nuhiu 69

Luongo --> Pelupessy 77

Urhoghide --->Hutchinson 85

image.png.64e71f1c17c7582370eefef34cfab0c1.png

Oh ye of little faith

The perfect away performance

Keep it tight. 

Frustrate. 

Defend well as a unit

Take your chances when they come.

1500x500

ONE shot on target ???? WTF ! WTF:

• Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 7 a few decent saves, but kicking not great again. He’s getting more confident.

Urhoghide 8 excellent league debut. Positioning is poor at times but a great athlete and strong in the tackle.

Iorfa 8 is it just me or is this guy worth zillions?

Borner 8 colossus. Excellent game against a tricky striker in Bamford.

Fox 8 I used to almost cry when I saw his name on the team sheet. What a turnaround. Dealt with Costa very well.

Bannan 8 excellent. Much better in a three. Great pass for Reach.

Lee 7 worked his socks off.

Luongo 7 see Lee

Murphy 8 his best game for us. Worked hard to support the young lad and looked dangerous running at his full back. Decent finish too. Keep it up!

Reach 6.5 Worked hard but I thought he was poor. Lost the ball constantly. I gave him an extra 1.5 for the excellent run and ball to Nuhiu in injury time.

Winnall 6 the odd decent touch but he isn’t strong or quick enough to play on his own up front.

Nuhiu 8 really is like marmite. You either love him or hate him. This was him at his best. An assist for Murphy and an excellent finish of his own.

Pelupessy 6 didn’t notice him

Hutchinson 7 did well. Some excellent line balls.

Not brilliant in the first half but defended well on the whole. Second half was outstanding as we attacked with menace every time we went forward.

On a side note, how poo was Casilla (sp) in their goal. Everyone raves about him but I thought he was terrible.

10 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson 7 a few decent saves, but kicking not great again. He’s getting more confident.

yep the confidence that jos had in him is paying dividends now …….our undisputed number one and no wonder the club are trying to tie him down to a new contract . 

Dawson - 7 strangely didn’t have to do to much, but what he had to do, he did well. Kicking was off, but difficult conditions too.

Urhoghide - 7 game of two halves for him. Poor in the first. Aggressive and positive in the second. Good performance overall

Iorfa - 7 some good bits, some raggedy bits. Stronger as them game went on

Börner - 8 love him. Fast becoming a bit of a talisman. Had to play when fit

Fox - 9. MOTM. Near perfect performance. Great partnership with Reach, dominated Costa, got forward well and was as calm and productive on the ball as I’ve seen him.

Bannan - 7 quite liked him deep with two more advanced. Dictated our play and looked the only one who could hold a candle to Leeds technical players

Luongo - 6 thought he was average until the last 20. Didn’t use the ball well, didn’t carry it with the normal confidence

Lee - 7 he’s coming back to the Kieran Lee we know and love isn’t he? Yey.

Reach 7 - our biggest creative outlet and shut down the left with Fox

Murphy - 8 very positive game and the goal was the icing on the cake

Winnall - 6 grafted. Missed his big chance...but did his bit for the team

Monk - 8 game plan was bang on if a little fortunate not to go in behind at half time. Still disappointed how it takes him a while to see what is obvious (eg reach on the left, Bannan or Hutch with legwork and quality on the ball with Lee and Luongo)

Man, I thought our previous victory in the Cup against top flight opposition away from home, was difficult to pick a MOM because of a outstanding team performance on the road that typified an overall team performance. Then we go and do the same and more, against the league leaders away from home. It's an even tougher choice than previously. The whole team; subs, Monk and his staff deserve it this week for an outstanding team effort.

• Like 1

Dawson: 7

some good shot stopping but he really needs to work on his kicking 

Urhoghide: 8

the real deal. 19 and his first league game away at the leaders. Some of his bombs forward they couldn’t get near him, and he has great close control too. Got caught out a few times but that will happen until his decision making improves and he adjusts psychologically to this level of football

Iorfa: 9

A man mountain. Really starting to stand out in matches. 

Borner: 9 

Rolls Royce performance. Almost taking the piiis at times. Strong, calm, assured and great in possession, every game. His levels never seem to drop. What a signing 

Fox: 7 

another solid display 

Murphy: 8

much better the last couple weeks. Seems to have found his strengths again, and benefits from the midfield set up. good runs playing on the shoulder, that’s why we brought him in 

Luongo: 7

keeps things ticking. Nice close control at times. Good footballing brain, got a foul or 2 in him but commits them at the right times 

Bannan: 9 

impressive. Controlled the game in patches and benefited from a more offensive position, but was also good intercepting play. Deadly set pieces and lovely ball to reach for the 2nd. 

Lee: 8

he’s not done yet. 2 solid performances now and brings an obvious change to our style of play. Can link play and also provide as an outlet. Great energy in closing down too 

Reach: 7

thought he was poor first half, so wasteful, but again like in previous games he picked it up 2nd and got the assist. Never gives up or let’s a bad performance get to him, probably one of his main qualities. 

Winnall: 6

Couldnt get in the game. He’s a yard off the pace for me. Seems second to everything and misses a lot of guilt edged chances 

Nuhiu: 8

great cameo, hold up and play and a goal. Leeds must despise him 

I went for Murphy for MoM. Lots of running, carried the ball well and of course that thunderous finish near the end. He's better than some people think. Can see him being a regular from here on in.

I think that collectively the defence was excellent - no one really stood out amongst the back 4 for me, and that was partly because Leeds only had a few promising chances (the games where Iorfa is making loads of last ditch tackles and recovery runs usually mean we are under lots of pressure). Also, I think Iorfa and Börner are possibly our most comfortable CB pairing ever on the ball, and this fact rendered Leeds pressing game much less effective. Börner in particular barely lost the ball and he was often under pressure, or picking a forward pass (not the sterile sideways passing the Leeds centre backs did all game).

An obvious point to finish - but we do desperately need a striker until Fletch gets fit again. Even if its someone who doesn't score many goals but can hold the ball up for 70 minutes (Nuhiu then can excel at the last 20). I thought Winnall was like teflon for the first 20 minutes, everything just seemed to bounce back off him and straight back to Leeds. He then seemed to over-compensate and carry the ball back towards goal when he got it - keeping the ball, but never trying to find any of the teammates making promising runs off him.