Rumoured signings current squad formation and line ups

Just listening to Leeds game and thinking if we had our players fit we’re not a million miles away from being a very good team that can really push on 

unsure which way monk will take it in formation will he go 4-3-3 like today or is that more forced on him with the players he has would he go 4-4-2 

Im not for or against either if we are going 4-3-3 I’d want our back four to be more disciplined and use the flair almost in the front 3 but with a more attack minded midfield by that I mean don’t play Bannan with a holding midfielder I understand why we do but we lose the threat uptop I think we should be more focused on scoring more even if it means we are more vulnerable at the back 

there are Certain games and periods in games where the hutches And pelupessys cam feature 

direct, pace, out wide strong all rounder in middle like fletcher. Athletic midfielders and those who can breakthrough pick a pass, solid disciplined back four that are a threat from set pieces 

strength in depth On bench to turn a game or close one out 

the two rumours as likely or unlikely as it they maybe really transforms our team 

I’d go 4-4-3 if fit and rumours true 

what would anybody else do 

Pool of subs

westwood but I’d move on So wildsmith

Palmer 

lees 

penny

hutchinson 

reach 

fletcher

forestieri

murphy

nuhiu

E6F06C6A-B4ED-4984-9BBC-B991D500597E.jpeg

Edited by fpowl

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

Just listening to Leeds game and thinking if we had our players fit we’re not a million miles away from being a very good team that can really push on 

unsure which way monk will take it in formation will he go 4-3-3 like today or is that more forced on him with the players he has would he go 4-4-2 

Im not for or against either if we are going 4-3-3 I’d want our back four to be more disciplined and use the flair almost in the front 3 but with a more attack minded midfield by that I mean don’t play Bannan with a holding midfielder I understand why we do but we lose the threat uptop I think we should be more focused on scoring more even if it means we are more vulnerable at the back 

there are Certain games and periods in games where the hutches And pelupessys cam feature 

direct, pace, out wide strong all rounder in middle like fletcher. Athletic midfielders and those who can breakthrough pick a pass, solid disciplined back four that are a threat from set pieces 

the two rumours as likely or unlikely as it they maybe really transforms our team 

Pool of subs

Palmer 

lees 

penny

hutchinson 

reach 

fletcher

forestieri

murphy

nuhiu

Need Adam Reach for balance , why people keep dissing the man 

4 hours ago, fpowl said:

Indeed.

We eventually seem to have a manager thats twigged that if you get Lee and Bannan in the right areas you have a chance.

And pic4eee.jpg.d7cbb32ebe5d1103f2b3ef6c67210fa5.jpg teams are picked on 'team' and not 'name.

Shame it's taken us 4 years and £40m of course.

But we're getting there in the end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fpowl said:

Pool of subs

I stand by that, why was it relevant to bring it up in this thread? 

Adam reach is a quality player, versatile and one of the best crosses of the ball I’ve seen at hillsbrough 

but I also mention that I would go with direct and pace out wide and the players I opted for ( which is hyperthtical Forum posting for fun btw) I believe has the better qualities I’d go for 

now let’s be fair different games different formations and different players and tactics you can make a case for all players and formations but there’s nothing better for me than watching two wide players run full backs ragged skinning them inside and out and that striker that’s bagging you 20 goals plus 

so my apologies if my exclusion of Adam reach in this post has offended what you would do, otherwise I’m really not sure what the relevance of making out people are bashing Adam reach because it was never implied in this thread and didn’t need you to highlight it

just a strange comment  

There’s no chance of signing Andre Gray, however today’s result will do no harm in helping to attract players to join our team. 
Hopefully we will be able to show some surprising ambition and pull off some decent signings in the next couple of weeks.

6 hours ago, fpowl said:

Pool of subs

Palmer 

lees 

penny

hutchinson 

reach 

fletcher

forestieri

murphy

nuhiu

If we were to get both Wickham and Gray then i would have them side by side 

Perfect transfer window would be:

CF to replace Fletch (Wickham?)

CF with pace 

CM who can get forward (as cover for the 3 who started today)

LB cover for Fox

Ideally the pacy CF (or the CM) could do a job out wide too and offer us another option if needed. Big few weeks coming up

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

Perfect transfer window would be:

CF to replace Fletch (Wickham?)

CF with pace 

CM who can get forward (as cover for the 3 who started today)

LB cover for Fox

Ideally the pacy CF (or the CM) could do a job out wide too and offer us another option if needed. Big few weeks coming up

Agree with this mostly but I’d have a winger instead of a CM player.

My picks:

Wickham

Nketiah

Ibe

Lazaar (no idea how his loan in Italy is going or if he is available but would

love him back.) 

Other option here is Penney.

12 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with this mostly but I’d have a winger instead of a CM player.

My picks:

Wickham

Nketiah

Ibe

Lazaar (no idea how his loan in Italy is going or if he is available but would

love him back.) 

Other option here is Penney.

No idea how realistic any of these are, but if Carlsberg did transfer windows... Luke Garbutt would be my choice at LB. Playing well on loan at Ipswich and out of contract in summer so wouldn’t cost much at all. Played at England U21 level previously and scored 5 in 18 for Ipswich this season. 

Maddison would be exciting but we never seem to sign players like him. 

Players like Gray, Vydra, Lansbury, King aren’t getting a game in the PL but they know what it takes to get promoted from this division. Would be happy with any of them on loan along with Wickham. 

20 hours ago, fpowl said:

Pool of subs

Palmer 

lees 

penny

hutchinson 

reach 

fletcher

forestieri

murphy

nuhiu

for me, we need cover behind bannan to allow him to become an offensive weapon, he should spend 85% plus of his time around half way or beyond.

10 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

for me, we need cover behind bannan to allow him to become an offensive weapon, he should spend 85% plus of his time around half way or beyond.

I get that but all of his career apart from when he’s played our wide he plays as a deep midfielder this is why I think we struggle playing him with a holding midfielder it’s players like lee and luongo that will play further up

we lose a bit of muscle and bite but we create more offensive play all over if we let Bannan play his game which is to start attacks from deep 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

I get that but all of his career apart from when he’s played our wide he plays as a deep midfielder this is why I think we struggle playing him with a holding midfielder it’s players like lee and luongo that will play further up

we lose a bit of muscle and bite but we create more offensive play all over if we let Bannan play his game which is to start attacks from deep 

bannan isn't a quarterback, his most telling moment yesterday came after a defensive m/f was brought on to allow him to inflict upon l**ds their coup de gras.

Ideally Rhodes and Winnall will be on their way for the benefit of the club and the players as well.

Id like us to go for wickham and either nketiah or che adams. If there is any spare dosh, another winger on loan.

We have a very decent squad bar the striking department. 

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Ideally Rhodes and Winnall will be on their way for the benefit of the club and the players as well.

Id like us to go for wickham and either nketiah or che adams. If there is any spare dosh, another winger on loan.

We have a very decent squad bar the striking department. 

Agree if we could add 2 minimum 3 ideally accross that front three we would be all but finished it’s a shame about fletcher but apart from FF which I think we have all lost hope In getting anything of note from him during the remainder of his career with us ( happy to be proved wrong and he look lively against charlton ) I think we need to enforce ourselves more in that final third

theres times with this squad we’ve been really good and not taken our chances, derby for example in that opening 20 minutes so we can get the ball into those areas loads and play on the front foot 

only a few times borough and Forrest have been ruthless enough 

imo we are are two or three players away from making those games more common 

let’s improve the starting line up and get those attacking options strengthend on our bench