Streakers at Hillsborough .. have we ever had any

5 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Yes, v York in November 74. Middle aged guy who apparently had mental issues.

It was on Telly too and Keith Macklin nearly had a heart attack!

5 hours ago, 1961OWL said:

His name was Dennis Pottle and you’re right he struggled with his mental health. He worked as a labourer at BSC Stocksbridge. Every now and then things used to get on top of him and he spent time in Middlewood. 

I met Dennis, at work,  a few years after the streaking incident. Nice bloke, strong as an ox, but really struggled to cope with life. 

Story was he did the streak just to get committed again. Sad really.

Yes Dennis was in and out of Middlewood, I was a nurse there and he worked at the car wash (occupational therapy unit)

• Like 2

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Burnley at home, first match of the season, probably early 2000’s... think we lost 2-0, female streaker Kop/South stand area of the pitch, during the second half. Please tell me I wasn’t drinking and it is true :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Daz said:

Burnley at home, first match of the season, probably early 2000’s... think we lost 2-0, female streaker Kop/South stand area of the pitch, during the second half. Please tell me I wasn’t drinking and it is true :biggrin:

No, that was a pitch invasion. I was getting mixed up with home game with Brighton in 2005.... SHEFFIELD, UNITED KINGDOM - OCTOBER 24: A streaker runs onto the pitch next to John Hills of Sheffield during the Coca-Cola Championship match between Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton and Hove Albion at Hillsborough on October 24, 2005 in Sheffield, United Kingdom. (Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images)

2 hours ago, Daz said:

No, that was a pitch invasion. I was getting mixed up with home game with Brighton in 2005.... SHEFFIELD, UNITED KINGDOM - OCTOBER 24: A streaker runs onto the pitch next to John Hills of Sheffield during the Coca-Cola Championship match between Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton and Hove Albion at Hillsborough on October 24, 2005 in Sheffield, United Kingdom. (Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images)

Yes. I remember that. 

12 hours ago, 1961OWL said:

His name was Dennis Pottle and you’re right he struggled with his mental health. He worked as a labourer at BSC Stocksbridge. Every now and then things used to get on top of him and he spent time in Middlewood. 

I met Dennis, at work,  a few years after the streaking incident. Nice bloke, strong as an ox, but really struggled to cope with life. 

Story was he did the streak just to get committed again. Sad really.

Crikey that post has dampened a thread I thought would be all about boobies and tuppences 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Yes, v York in November 74. Middle aged guy who apparently had mental issues.

It was on Telly too and Keith Macklin nearly had a heart attack!

Cripes! That makes most of OT members potential streakers! No wonder SAG are so concerned about us.:duntmatter:

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

I seem to remember one in the mid to late 90’s. Possibly last game of the season against Liverpool?

Yes i remember that.  Seem to remember it being sponsored so a few happened at grounds around the country.

She dribbled the ball from the half way line and tried to score in to an empty net.  I can't remember if she scored or not... :ph34r: