QPR cup game live on TV

2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

BT Sport launches red button service
BT Sport is giving viewers more content with the launch of a new red button service.

The BT Sport Extra red button service in the UK and Ireland will be on air at selected times, providing viewers with additional content alongside the line-up on BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN.

It is being launched on BT TV, except to those receiving the service via a TV aerial, and on the Sky Digital Satellite Platform.

The first broadcast to be featured with the red button was live coverage of the Ligue 1 French football clash between Bordeaux and Evian, kick-off 19:30 (BST).

BT Sport Extra further extends the broadcaster’s multi-platform offering, adding to the app and website btsport.com.

To access BT Sport Extra, viewers simply press the red button on their remote on the Sky Digital Satellite Platform, or switch to BT Sport Extra on channel 527 on BT TV.

BT Sport Extra is included automatically within viewers’ existing BT Sport pack and will also be available on Virgin Media in the coming weeks.

Viewers can access the BT Sport website for the BT Sport Extra line-up, while customers using BT TV can look ahead using the electronic programme guide. Additionally, BT Sport Extra will carry information relating to forthcoming events.

Simon Green, head of BT Sport, said: “Reach is at the heart of BT Sport and we are continually looking at new ways to enhance our viewers’ experience.

“BT Sport Extra provides sports fans with access to even more live sporting action whether that’s on TV, via the red button, app or online.”

Other selected upcoming BT Sport Extra events include the Portugese Primera Liga match between Porto and Boavista on 21 September from 20:15; the German Bundesliga match between Augsburg and Hertha Berlin on 28 September from 14:30; and the Brasileirao match between Atletico Paranaense and Corinthians on 28 September from 20:00.

Am I right in thinking this will be available on their website to stream? When it was announced the betting sites waived the right to exclusivity it was said that games not kicking off at 3pm on the Saturday would be free to air.

Game is on BT sports extra if you have the app like me you will be able to watch it and cast it , I have bt broadband but won't pay the extra fiver for sports but I can play it using the app so it's a no brainer.

14 minutes ago, Watto said:

Game is on BT sports extra if you have the app like me you will be able to watch it and cast it , I have bt broadband but won't pay the extra fiver for sports but I can play it using the app so it's a no brainer.

Apologies for the stupid question... do you have to have broadband to then get the game on the app? I have the app but no log in etc as don't pay for any BT services.