Foxy Desire

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Monk talks a lot about desire. Desire to work hard. 

Well what a great example of that from the Brighton game from Morgan Fox.

Here's Morgan, oft accused of not getting forward enough screaming for the pass from Reach on the far side of the Brighton penalty box.

image.png.4b1e7f775d4d2a07dccc743c6b0654ad.png

Reach ignores him and tries to beat his man. 

We lose the ball. 

Who puts an end to the Brighton attack getting in the block at the other end. Morgan Fox....

https://media.giphy.com/media/WQIJD35OMasJ0Wl65e/giphy.gif

...who's absolutely run his nads off tracking him man the length of the pitch to keep that clean sheet.

That's desire. You can have all the skill in the world but you also have to have balls and drive in this game.

Well doe Foxy 

I posted a similar clip on Twitter just after the game, the quality wasn't as good as this though

I would have posted it on here, but the site won't let me post video's I've taken on my phone

I'm glad you've posted it, because some people don't appreciate how often Fox gets blocks in, or the effort he puts in

Even when a lot of people were criticising him, he was still getting his blocks in, maybe he's not as eye catching as some other players, but he's a bloody good defender

It's nice to see some people are watching the same game as I am

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I posted a similar clip on Twitter just after the game, the quality wasn't as good as this though

I would have posted it on here, but the site won't let me post video's I've taken on my phone

I'm glad you've posted it, because some people don't appreciate how often Fox gets blocks in, or the effort he puts in

Even when a lot of people were criticising him, he was still getting his blocks in, maybe he's not as eye catching as some other players, but he's a bloody good defender

It's nice to see some people are watching the same game as I am

I dont get why people want to replace him all the time. Is twice the player he was 6 months ago. 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Mentioned this in another thread 

He chased back the long haired guy Colocini or summat 

and blocked the cross 

top drawer 

It was a lung buster. Top man.

When he picked himself after the block he had reyt rosey cheeks 

:image:

Edited by edmontonowl

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Don't know how I ballsed the link up.

But anyway...

giphy.gif

That is magnificent effort.

How many of our players would have windmilled in frustration at Reach not passing to them, then trotted back?

Brilliant.

Excellent stuff, this is what fans want to see, maximum effort for the team.

A wise ginger man once said that whatever the opposition quality, they cant stop you running. garymegson

Some of our forward line might do well to remember that and follow Fox's example when closing down and trying to win the ball.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Excellent stuff, this is what fans want to see, maximum effort for the team.

A wise ginger man once said that whatever the opposition quality, they cant stop you running. garymegson

Some of our forward line might do well to remember that and follow Fox's example when closing down and trying to win the ball.

TBF Fletcher, Harris and Reach work their nads off.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

TBF Fletcher, Harris and Reach work their nads off.

Take your point, wasn't eluding to them.

Thinking about Rhodes, Nuhiu and Winnall to a lesser degree. Dont recall them making serious attempts to close down defenders, it's like walking football at times.