Team v Leeds

Dawson

Iorfa.            Lees.           Borner.         Fox

Murphy.        Hutch         Bannan.        Reach

Nuhiu.         Harris.  

Don't play out from the back,...will just invite pressure, get Harris running the channels and play direct.

Luongo or Hutch alongside Bannan either works for me.

Wickham as sub comes on and scores the winner :cool:

14 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Dawson

Urhoghide

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Lee

Luongo

Bannan

Harris

Nuhiu

Reach

Might seem a risk playing Urhoghide right back, but the risk is outweighed by wanting to play Iorfa and Borner together again.

No risk in my opinion, re Urhoghide, he’s the best of the options with Palmer missing. Agree with your point about the importance of pairing Iorfa and Borner Up front, yes it has to be Nuhiu, with none of the three options offering a goal threat, at least Nuhiu has attributes that might cause them problems, from which others may benefit

I would try something new that Leeds won't be expecting 4-2-3-1

Dawson

Urhoghide/Iorfa/Borner/Fox

Luongo/ Lee

Reach/Bannan/Harris

Rhodes

This give us the defensive strength allows the full back to bomb on with the security of the two central midfielders dropping and covering, It makes sure we have pace on the wings and Bannan plays further up the field and there should be plenty of crosses for Rhodes to get his second hattrick of the season. 

Leeds are going to come at us tomorrow so we need to be at them from the start and over loading the midfield area for me is the way to do it but also we then have the attacking players in the right area of the pitch to cause some damage, Rhodes wont feel isolate as Reach and Harris will be pushing on to help create and score the goals. 

27 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Dawson

Urhoghide

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Lee

Luongo

Bannan

Harris

Nuhiu

Reach

Might seem a risk playing Urhoghide right back, but the risk is outweighed by wanting to play Iorfa and Borner together again.

Apart from Nuhiu, think we'll go something like this. Hardly spoiled for choice, but think Winnall will get a start. 

That would be my midfield, but wouldn't be surprised if Monk selects Hutchinson to try and bully their midfield.

Guest Grez Bez
6 hours ago, striker said:

Apart from Nuhiu, think we'll go something like this. Hardly spoiled for choice, but think Winnall will get a start. 

That would be my midfield, but wouldn't be surprised if Monk selects Hutchinson to try and bully their midfield.

I'd expect Hitch to play fir that reason, wouldn't be too surprised to see Bannan dropped to the bench.

Expecting proper hoof ball bypassing the midfield

Very nervy about tomorrows game.

I think if we can get to 60 minutes at 0-0 we could go on to snatch it or comfortable see out the draw. I just worry how we will set up without Fletcher, not only is it is our hardest away game of the season its our first look at how we will adapt to perhaps the rest of the season without our star man.

Hoping we pack out the midfield and try to play some good football, soak up the pressure with our strong defending and hit Leeds on the counter, beat them at their own game. 

Would take a draw tomorrow. Keep it tight and come away with a 0v0. Just can’t see our strikers causing them enough problems. Big decision for Monk if he should start Urhoghide. Would guess if he does play Leeds will see him as a weak link and attack down his side of the pitch. Would love him to play and we keep a clean sheet. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

23 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Tough one this. Your side is just about right. I’d be tempted to play Hutch instead of Lee but can see what you’re thinking. My only worry is Winnall will not be able to keep hold of the ball. I know he ain’t great but maybe Nuhiu should start instead? He generally does well against Leeds.

Starting Nuhui god we need help..!!!

10 hours ago, striker said:

Time Nuhui went the sane way as Odjubajo we need to,move on..

13 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Borner and Iorfa are our best can partnership time to bench Lees.

Dawson

Urhoghide Iorfa Borner Fox

Harris Hutchinson Luongo Reach

Lee

Nuhiu

Nuhiu has to start. Rhodes and Winnall are not in the same league as Nuhiu on form. But big Adthe needs to find form and fitness.

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

Nuhiu has to start. Rhodes and Winnall are not in the same league as Nuhiu on form. But big Adthe needs to find form and fitness.

Why the hell would you want Nuhiu ?  I wouldn't play any of them use two of Harris, Reach or Murphy upfront and pray.

I wouldn't even include them in the squad total waste of time.

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

I think he will play Urho.

The lad seems the sort that nothing will faze him. He will rise to the occasion. The more he plays the better he will get in big matches. 

Watched  a video of him and seems to offer more than he was allowed to display at Brighton but think  its to much of a gamble to play him tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why the hell would you want Nuhiu ?  I wouldn't play any of them use two of Harris, Reach or Murphy upfront and pray.

I wouldn't even include them in the squad total waste of time.

Smacked in winning goal v Leeds 2 seasons ago for starters.