Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

I'm delighted he has come back to us.  He was a great asset to us last time and one of the best players I have seen in a Wednesday shirt in recent years.  We have to respect the effort and expense DC has gone to to make this happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

With Fletcher on his way back we are looking good, Wickham and Fletcher sharing the no.9 will put us back in the top 6, Windass grafting behind them will be good to see. Also Nando coming back, go and earn new contract.

‘Nando coming back, go and earn a new contract’ ... jeez I hope you aren’t involved in player recruitment , although it would explain at lot ! 

Sometimes a player just fits a club, during his last loan here he just fitted and this was reflected in his performances. Hopefully this is still the case. 

He had lots of options this window and I think this played a large part In his decision to choose us over other options.

I’m really looking forward to seeing him back in a Wednesday shirt! I think he’s more of an all rounder than Fletch but at same time big enough to play the fletch role too. I’d actually love to see them both together but not sure we’ll have the chance. 

Great pic on Twitter of his grandson wearing a Wednesday shirt with Wickham on his back. Possibly a little influence from father in law Pete who posted the pic has helped in all this 

44 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Great pic on Twitter of his grandson wearing a Wednesday shirt with Wickham on his back. Possibly a little influence from father in law Pete who posted the pic has helped in all this 

Wickham has a grandson! He's only 26 himself isn't he?

I didn't know he was from Donny!

• Haha 2