Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

Because it shows our true level of expectation thus increases the pressure on our players. 

I'm sorry, but as to why we wouldn't be able to have a long term plan due to fans expectations - this is far from convincing.

But then again, I'm far from convinced anyway that there's anything particularly unusual about the expectations our fan base has.

Half the teams in this division have fans whose expectations are that they ought to be in the Prem.

So if you're a Championship player, the odds are that you're at a club where there's pressure; indeed, the job spec of a Championship player is that you have to handle the expectations and pressure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowl said:

I'm sorry, but as to why we wouldn't be able to have a long term plan due to fans expectations - this is far from convincing.

But then again, I'm far from convinced anyway that there's anything particularly unusual about the expectations our fan base has.

Half the teams in this division have fans whose expectations are that they ought to be in the Prem.

So if you're a Championship player, the odds are that you're at a club where there's pressure; indeed, the job spec of a Championship player is that you have to handle the expectations and pressure.

I haven't said we can't or shouldn't have a long term plan. My comments were more in response to you intimating our fans didn't have an expectation that we should be challenging for promotion.

4 hours ago, Brommers said:

I haven't said we can't or shouldn't have a long term plan. My comments were more in response to you intimating our fans didn't have an expectation that we should be challenging for promotion.

You’re spot on!

Can you imagine If we like Brentford played younger prospects in the hope that a run in the team would expedite their development, despite them maybe having a bad game in that run? 

Our fans would lose their poo , maybe even sing from the terraces for an older (maybe better at time but certainly not with any future) player to play in his spot. 

Oh wait, you don’t have to imagine it, that happened. And not just to any younger player, a local lad who’s Wednesday through and through. 

Edited by Philb125
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Brommers said:

There was a clear context in which I made my comments about our fans' expectations, which was to do with whether or not they'd be a barrier to adopting the Brentford approach.