stabbo

Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

17 hours ago, vulva said:

If we sign Wilfred Bony I’m cooking next doors rabbit. 

I'll do the veg.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, gurujuan said:

In The Star, they said when he was appointed, “we understand there will be money available for Monk to bring his own players in”

The Stir :laugh:

IgjfIHT.gif

There is no point getting stressed until the window is closed. Even then we won't know. I have proved over and over that I know very little about professional football. A recent example being my initial opinions on the signings of Borner, Harris, Murphy Odubajo, Luongo.

Chill out and have a Ginger Nut and a cuppa.

8 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

The Stir :laugh:

IgjfIHT.gif

That's the Holmesian Fallacy

This fallacy usually occurs when someone uses the Holmes Method without being a superhuman genius. The Holmes Method is illustrated by the quote from "The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier",[note 1] a 1926 Sherlock Holmes short story:

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." —Sherlock Holmes

To apply this method, one must find explanations and eliminate them one by one. However, to draw a logical conclusion from this is fallacious, because both steps require omniscience:

1. Find every possible explanation.
  2. Correctly disprove every possible explanation, except the true and undisprovable one.

Star Trek's Spock even uttered a version of it in Star Trek VI — The Undiscovered Country.[

Maybe Doom is Omniscient?

Edited by Nero

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Or maybe Doom thinks he's omnipotent.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Or maybe Doom thinks he's omnipotent.

You can get tablets for that now.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Nero said:

This fallacy usually occurs when someone uses the Holmes Method without being a superhuman genius. The Holmes Method is illustrated by the quote from "The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier",[note 1] a 1926 Sherlock Holmes short story:

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." —Sherlock Holmes

To apply this method, one must find explanations and eliminate them one by one. However, to draw a logical conclusion from this is fallacious, because both steps require omniscience:

2. Correctly disprove every possible explanation, except the true and undisprovable one.

Star Trek's Spock even uttered a version of it in Star Trek VI — The Undiscovered Country.[

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle loved his SH books but he was a bit of a fruitloop was taken in hook line and sinker by the Cottingley Fairies.

Cardiff coming in for him might be a blessing in disguise, I don’t fancy him to tear up any trees (or score many goals). 

18 hours ago, vulva said:

If we sign Wilfred Bony I’m cooking next doors rabbit. 

Bony was at the Blackburn game.

6 minutes ago, PolarNigel said:

Well that explains why hasn’t signed then

He left at half time along with 20,000 others.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Well blow me, I didn't know that lol

Fuzzy Logic is employed to handle the concept of partial truth, where the truth value may range between completely true and completely false....

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

HITC. Nothing in this. 

• Haha 2

Time will tell whether a striker who has started four league games since the start of 2016/17 can put an end to his love affair with the treatment table.

Is this true? If so we shouldn’t fall into our usual trap. :duntmatter:

46 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

HITC quoting The Sun lol

• Haha 1