stabbo

Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

31 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

No doubting CW's ability and I think he'd be perfect, but can we afford him? He'll be on an eye watering sum of money per week and Palace will want the majority of that covered, as well as a possible initial loan fee. It could cost us £1 - £2 million for a 6 month deal.

From what I have read Palace will subsides his wages. It makes sense for them. I think long term they want to move him on so if he plays regularly and bangs them in they may get a decent fee for him in the Summer. Whereas now he hasn't played a great deal I imagine they'd struggle to command much.

I think it's a win win for both parties.

18 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

Wouldn’t touch Wickham with a barge pole.The emergence of Dawson , fox, iorfa and Borner shows the path we need to take. Young players with a point to prove, no ego, willingness to learn and not millionaires. 

What on earth are you talking about?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Chansiri can skin a fart, so this migh drag on a bit.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

From what I have read Palace will subsides his wages. It makes sense for them. I think long term they want to move him on so if he plays regularly and bangs them in they may get a decent fee for him in the Summer. Whereas now he hasn't played a great deal I imagine they'd struggle to command much.

I think it's a win win for both parties.

It would be typical for us, were he to bang them in while on loan with us, and Palace make him available in the summer for a knock down fee, only for us to find ourselves under an embargo Not suggesting we should purchase him now, but we may have to make the most of any loan deal

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It would be typical for us, were he to bang them in while on loan with us, and Palace make him available in the summer for a knock down fee, only for us to find ourselves under an embargo Not suggesting we should purchase him now, but we may have to make the most of any loan deal

This is exactly what Is going to happen we’ve seen it so many times before, granted previously it was as we were skint and this time it will be embargo but same principle 

• Haha 1

The deal isn't even close according to Nixon, money is an issue.

9 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

That’s not good, especially if Palace are supposedly heavily subsidising his wages in any move. Certainly the noises from Palace, suggest they are more than happy to facilitate his departure Of course we don’t know what we are offering, and I think it’s good that we are being a bit more realistic about wages, but such is our need for a credible replacement for Fletcher, that it’s not a time for penny pinching

Has his Mrs packed his sarnies and banana yet?

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

According to hitc, palace want 25k per week off us...to pay half his wages...kin ell.

For 6 months that’s £650k. If it’s the difference between us finishing 6th and 7th they should just hurry up and get it done. 

6 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

According to hitc, palace want 25k per week off us...to pay half his wages...kin ell.

If there any truth in this then we.probably need to see Rhodes go to Celtic or Wigan.

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Well that’s disappointing. Personally don’t think we will sign anyone until the final days of the window. 

• Haha 1

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If there any truth in this then we.probably need to see Rhodes go to Celtic or Wigan.

I think Rhodes will move to Wigan once they sell Kieffer Moore.

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I think Rhodes will move to Wigan once they sell Kieffer Moore.

Well 25k a week, would be money well spent for a PL striker when you think of what we have wasted previously. Our Cup run will pay his wages!

£650K ? Get it done.

His contract expires 6/21, so he won't be joining us permanently in the summer unless he takes a drop in pay. I can't see us paying him £50K per week unless we get promotion.

One thing for sure is that he'll be interested if the deal came be made.

Was on the tube with him to Wembley in 2016 and he was buzzing. Loves the club.

Already had enough injury hit players on stupid wages.

Rather not go for him knowing full well his is injury prone.

Too much of a risk

This nixon journalist doesn't sound confident we are going to get him. Money an issue. How reliable is this bloke

25k a week is a bit steep unless we can get rid of the non playing FF, which would cover this and a bit more. Obviously we need a little clause in the agreement to say if he isn’t fit to play then we don’t pay. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Could really do offloading someone like FF to help the deal over the line.