Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I hate to say it (and I'm sick of people saying stuff like this!) but you only need to look across the city to see you can't just write people off because their careers have stuttered. Look at McGoldrick. We'd have been apoplectic if we'd signed him!

We did sign him (on loan) a few years back, scored on his debut I think

21 minutes ago, bobness said:

Loans are to provide a quick fix, giving us a boost to reach the playoffs and secure promotion. 

Not saying Wickham is the answer, but the approach is going to differ from long term players. We're going to need quality who can hit the ground running, so I'd welcome the millionaires, as long they did the business. 

I agree I’m just not sure a man who’s played 48 times in last 4 1/2 seasons is the answer. Sorry if this offends people. I’d prefer us to invest the money in a more  long term view and try unearth a rough diamond like iorfa or a younger striker on loan like we did with kenwynne Jones and  Bristol did with Abraham. 

2 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

So your saying we should sign players based on who there married too and not the fact he’s played 48 times in the last 4 1/2 seasons . Hell let’s sign Peter crouch then . 
This is a joke by the way , no doubting Wickham ability just don’t think it’s the right signing for us. 

The Wife and FIL bit was more tongue in cheek.  

Genuinely think it is a great option for us.  There are not many better realistic options. 

3 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

The Wife and FIL bit was more tongue in cheek.  

Genuinely think it is a great option for us.  There are not many better realistic options. 

Hope your right. Think I just have nightmares from your Andy sintons, Gilles de bilde, Bothroyd,Almen Abdis etc come with the big expectation and let you down . Prefer the genuine surprise like Keiran Lee and Borner type

Wickham told the club website: "I'm really pleased to come back to Sheffield Wednesday.

"There was interest from other clubs but I feel I have unfinished business here and I can't wait to get started again.

"I know the manager, I know the players and the place and that was a big influence in my decision."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24758729

:rolleyes:

lol

12 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Wickham told the club website: "I'm really pleased to come back to Sheffield Wednesday.

"There was interest from other clubs but I feel I have unfinished business here and I can't wait to get started again.

"I know the manager, I know the players and the place and that was a big influence in my decision."

lol

kin fell for that didnt I?   

5a808fee47812_watchingyou.gif.12983d230f886e392054b3444939791e.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

lol

FIRE STARTER lol

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

I agree I’m just not sure a man who’s played 48 times in last 4 1/2 seasons is the answer. Sorry if this offends people. I’d prefer us to invest the money in a more  long term view and try unearth a rough diamond like iorfa or a younger striker on loan like we did with kenwynne Jones and  Bristol did with Abraham. 

Why can’t we do both ?

19 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

lol

Then he p*ssed off to Leeds 2 months later.  Boo.lol

Don’t see why people wouldn’t want him. 

The loan market usual consists of out of favour, out of fitness or unproven.

For this deal we would get the perfect type of striker that we need for our system and he’s done well here before.

If he gets crocked then there’s not much we can do, but that’s not a reason not to sign him on loan IMO

18 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Don’t see why people wouldn’t want him. 

The loan market usual consists of out of favour, out of fitness or unproven.

For this deal we would get the perfect type of striker that we need for our system and he’s done well here before.

If he gets crocked then there’s not much we can do, but that’s not a reason not to sign him on loan IMO

I think some people are confusing a loan signing to cover for Fletch's injury and a permanent signing.

The lad is in full training, on the bench for a Premier league side, has a proven record and loves our club.

A loan deal is a no brainer. Any team in this division would love him. Including dirty Leeds.