Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

14 minutes ago, dfoster said:

We've 'got ' a lot more than 5m but we're not allowed to spend it 

Which is a fair point. 

Re Wickham, would be a great loan signing, In view of his injury record, and cost of deal, I wouldn’t touch a permanent deal with a barge pole. 

20 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Is Nixon's tale in the sun today about Wickham or summat else? 

There’s a bit in their live blog from yesterday which is just repeating the mail story. Probably not Nixon’s story, whatever that might be.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10682422/transfer-news-live-manchester-united-spurs-liverpool-bruno-fernandes-dembele/

3 hours ago, thommo said:

I thought the challenge from the EFL as the date of the ground purchase? This being the case it means the cash is going to come into the club whatever so it would be best to buy now as we may be embargoed as a punishment in the summer. 

Yeah that’s the point. A loan is something that ends. A purchase would stay with us.

4 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

The only problem I have with a big loan is that if we were to lose lots of points due to EFL sanctions then it’s money down the drain.

Imagine if we have an embargo this summer again, what kind of squad would we have next season? Many senior players’ contracts are up this year.

It’s a headache.

It's not money down the drain if signing him gets us more points on the table than we'd get if we didn't have him & we end up 4th from bottom after a points deduction.

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Is Nixon's tale in the sun today about Wickham or summat else? 

Think he’s mentioned Wigan been in for Rhodes aswell,  he did the Wickham one a few days ago 

I might be on my own here but i don't want wickham. We have several strikers already who don't score goals.  Whats the point in replacing one of these with another?   We would be far better going for someone from the lower leagues who shows promise (and goals).. Loan or otherwise. 

28 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I might be on my own here but i don't want wickham. We have several strikers already who don't score goals.  Whats the point in replacing one of these with another?   We would be far better going for someone from the lower leagues who shows promise (and goals).. Loan or otherwise. 

You are on your own - we aren’t going to see fletcher again this season and we offer very little up top without him. We need him in 

4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

You are on your own - we aren’t going to see fletcher again this season and we offer very little up top without him. We need him in 

Your all like a bunch of kids before christmas.  You all desperately want that shiny new toy car but you haven't quite thought it through.. Ten minutes after you have unwrapped it and pushed it around the kitchen and discovered it is just an innanimate piece of plastic you will loose all interest and wish you had chosen more wisely. 

37 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

A run of games Wickham will score goals  

2 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Your all like a bunch of kids before christmas.  You all desperately want that shiny new toy car but you haven't quite thought it through.. Ten minutes after you have unwrapped it and pushed it around the kitchen and discovered it is just an innanimate piece of plastic you will loose all interest and wish you had chosen more wisely. 

I have thought it through and he is far better than what we have available. Unless Monk changes his style of play to better suit the forwards fit, we will struggle 

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I have thought it through and he is far better than what we have available. Unless Monk changes his style of play to better suit the forwards fit, we will struggle 

Thats fair enough, i really hope you get the chance to say 'i told you so'.  Personally i can't see it.