stabbo

Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

Luckily we have a top piece of local journalism to clear things up a bit...

Screenshot_20200112-071306_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, CohenTheBarb said:

Luckily we have a top piece of local journalism to clear things up a bit...

Screenshot_20200112-071306_Chrome.jpg

This is the problem with The Star. They have too much click bait, you use up your free allocation of pages per week and they expect you to pay.

• Agree 1

The only problem I have with a big loan is that if we were to lose lots of points due to EFL sanctions then it’s money down the drain.

Imagine if we have an embargo this summer again, what kind of squad would we have next season? Many senior players’ contracts are up this year.

It’s a headache.

45 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

The only problem I have with a big loan is that if we were to lose lots of points due to EFL sanctions then it’s money down the drain.

Imagine if we have an embargo this summer again, what kind of squad would we have next season? Many senior players’ contracts are up this year.

It’s a headache.

I thought the challenge from the EFL as the date of the ground purchase? This being the case it means the cash is going to come into the club whatever so it would be best to buy now as we may be embargoed as a punishment in the summer. 

48 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

It's not money down the drain if it gets us more wins so as a fanbase we're happier and more positive for next season, and the more wins we get the higher the gates are.

• Agree 2

No comment is basically official confirmation these days. With Connor Wickham back in this squad fighting for his professional career we will make top-six and looking at the oppo this is our year.

The EFL will more than likely issue us a fine not a points deduction given we are the 3rd to 4th club to do this and we will likely take the EFL to court over this and we will probably win given precedent. By that point we will be in the premier league so who cares,

7 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

It's not money down the drain if it gets us more wins so as a fanbase we're happier and more positive for next season, and the more wins we get the higher the gates are.

Also if there is a deal in place for a transfer at the end of the loan. Then it could be a good building block for next season.

Just now, No Uniform said:

Also if there is a deal in place for a transfer at the end of the loan. Then it could be a good building block for next season.

There's a rumour of £5m permanent fee, if that's true and he's back to full fitness that's a steal.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

There's a rumour of £5m permanent fee, if that's true and he's back to full fitness that's a steal.

I’m behind this signing, but even a fully fit Wickham, wouldn’t command that sort of fee, I feel

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’m behind this signing, but even a fully fit Wickham, wouldn’t command that sort of fee, I feel

Gary madine £6 million 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Would make sense if it's the kind of fee split over certain terms, £2m up front, x amount after so many appearances, x amount after so many goals and final £2.5m after 100 England caps ;)

We haven’t got £5m. 

Hope that helps. 

• Agree 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

We haven’t got £5m. 

Hope that helps. 

Could pay for himself if he gets us over the line.

Edited by TrueOwl

If and it’s a big if Wickham could get back to full fitness he could be a brilliant player for us if we do get him in. Always a worry though when someone has had bad injuries in the past and if they will ever return to full fitness and be the player they once where. Would be great if he could. 

Just now, TrueOwl said:

What if he get's us over the line?

I want a 14 inch porridge gun but that isn’t happening either. 

We haven't got £5m.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, vulva said:

We haven't got £5m.  

What if we sell DTaxi's and Elev8?

5 minutes ago, Chansiri is king said:

Gary madine £6 million 

Rhodes was £10m and you can’t “give” either away

• Agree 1

Just now, TrueOwl said:

What if we sell DTaxi's and Elev8?

We haven’t got £5m. 

Or any taxis. Or any drinks. 

Taking all those issues out of the equation, the £5m transfer fee is absolutely viable. 

• Haha 1

We've 'got ' a lot more than 5m but we're not allowed to spend it 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

We haven't got £5m.  

Says who?