Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

48 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

The only problem I have with a big loan is that if we were to lose lots of points due to EFL sanctions then it’s money down the drain.

It's not money down the drain if it gets us more wins so as a fanbase we're happier and more positive for next season, and the more wins we get the higher the gates are.

No comment is basically official confirmation these days. With Connor Wickham back in this squad fighting for his professional career we will make top-six and looking at the oppo this is our year.

The EFL will more than likely issue us a fine not a points deduction given we are the 3rd to 4th club to do this and we will likely take the EFL to court over this and we will probably win given precedent. By that point we will be in the premier league so who cares,

7 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

It's not money down the drain if it gets us more wins so as a fanbase we're happier and more positive for next season, and the more wins we get the higher the gates are.

Also if there is a deal in place for a transfer at the end of the loan. Then it could be a good building block for next season.

Just now, No Uniform said:

Also if there is a deal in place for a transfer at the end of the loan. Then it could be a good building block for next season.

There's a rumour of £5m permanent fee, if that's true and he's back to full fitness that's a steal.

1 minute ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

There's a rumour of £5m permanent fee, if that's true and he's back to full fitness that's a steal.

I’m behind this signing, but even a fully fit Wickham, wouldn’t command that sort of fee, I feel

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’m behind this signing, but even a fully fit Wickham, wouldn’t command that sort of fee, I feel

Would make sense if it's the kind of fee split over certain terms, £2m up front, x amount after so many appearances, x amount after so many goals and final £2.5m after 100 England caps ;)

If and it’s a big if Wickham could get back to full fitness he could be a brilliant player for us if we do get him in. Always a worry though when someone has had bad injuries in the past and if they will ever return to full fitness and be the player they once where. Would be great if he could. 

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

We haven’t got £5m. 

Or any taxis. Or any drinks. 

Taking all those issues out of the equation, the £5m transfer fee is absolutely viable. 

If it's an option to buy then we've got nothing to lose, especially if they will contribute to his wages.

Edited by TrueOwl

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

I want a 14 inch porridge gun but that isn’t happening either. 

We haven't got £5m.  

I suspect we'll be off-loading a lot of wages in the summer overhaul so that will help. I would be concerned if we were going to offer Connor a lengthy contract without proof of his full recovery, however. 

9 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Good stuff. Usually when the press report it as a done deal, it generally is. Not that I'm a fan of the press, but with so many journalists saying the same thing, must have some element of truth. 

• Like 1