Connor Wickham Signs - OFFICIAL

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Still so important we get some reinforcements in this window. Hopefully DC understands that and doesn’t think just because of today we don’t need new players. 

This ^

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Without throwing points away at the death, we should be 3rd. We aren’t great but we are playing in a poor league this year. Team looks quite balanced but the strikers need replacing. Rhodes and Winnall out and wickham and one other striker with pace and movement in on loan. 

And this ^

We've developed a defensive solidity. Defensively and in the middle of the park we're up there with the stronger teams in the division. Add a bit more pace attacking wise and more goals into this team and we could finally go places. I hope we do get Wickham but we also need a more mobile pacier partner or competition, plus more end product from out wide. 

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Wickham, Gray, and Murray is a good start but we need to push the boat out for a few more, just to pish off the EFL.

I reckon that Hector who plays for Fulham would be a good signing he would strengthen our bench.

Edited by s6 owl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Do we need Conner now that Nuhiu and Winnall played so well and we have the fantastic Rhodes to fall back on?

Yes and arguably another too. Players that can put chances away and make something out of nothing, are priceless at this level. Could be the difference maker in a solid team. Look at Leeds with Bamford. I think they will rue not giving Nketiah more of a chance. Put more goals into our team, combined with our defensive solidity and midfield, we'd be tasty at this level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quist said:

Just had a chat with a Palace fan. A lot of fans still have high regard for him and he says that as soon as Benteke is fit he will be out on loan and thinks it will be Wednesday where he is heading. No idea how informed he is but attends matches regularly.

Straight from the horses mouth then

• Haha 1

The only problem I have with a big loan is that if we were to lose lots of points due to EFL sanctions then it’s money down the drain.

Imagine if we have an embargo this summer again, what kind of squad would we have next season? Many senior players’ contracts are up this year.

It’s a headache.

45 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

The only problem I have with a big loan is that if we were to lose lots of points due to EFL sanctions then it’s money down the drain.

Imagine if we have an embargo this summer again, what kind of squad would we have next season? Many senior players’ contracts are up this year.

It’s a headache.

I thought the challenge from the EFL as the date of the ground purchase? This being the case it means the cash is going to come into the club whatever so it would be best to buy now as we may be embargoed as a punishment in the summer.