Train & boozers at Leeds

Hi

sorry if there is another thread on this topic.

This is the first time I will have travelled to Leeds away by train, basically here to see what time train everyone is getting and what pubs away fans can drink in.

I’m on the 10.21 train from Sheffield

Thanks 

WAWAW

11 hours ago, DHOWL said:

Hi

sorry if there is another thread on this topic.

This is the first time I will have travelled to Leeds away by train, basically here to see what time train everyone is getting and what pubs away fans can drink in.

I’m on the 10.21 train from Sheffield

Thanks 

WAWAW

I work close to Elland Road, had to put up with Leeds fans for too long.

Give the boozers a miss, the local are a strange lot, and that’s being kind.

They confuse passion with arrogance, self titled the best fans in the world. Past glories have left them bitter and twisted, desperate for a return to the premier league, and reasonable conversations are few and far between.

Enjoy the match.

Guest Ferkorf

Cant remember there being any away pubs for us.

Never bothered going into the centre.

Stopped a few times in Pontefract or Batley on the minibus before going straight to ground

There’s a boozer called the pheasant or something like that pretty much opposite the ground if it’s still there? 

Went in there years ago, full of Leeds but ended up full of Wednesday... turned out to be an invisible line in the middle of the floor and Leeds f.ucked off out of one door and us the other door. Bit of a “thee start... no thee start” moment. Quite amusing.

lol 

8 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

There’s a boozer called the pheasant or something like that pretty much opposite the ground if it’s still there? 

Went in there years ago, full of Leeds but ended up full of Wednesday... turned out to be an invisible line in the middle of the floor and Leeds f.ucked off out of one door and us the other door. Bit of a “thee start... no thee start” moment. Quite amusing.

lol 

Peacock?

Plenty of pubs near the train station so take your pick. O'Neill's, Slug and Lettuce, Scarborough Hotel, Griffin pub....loads! 

Went straight to the ground last year and they had a supporters bar inside the away end, that was pretty convenient to be honest and they let you in it at half time as well.

Anybody got any recommendations for where to get in a taxi? Always mayhem trying to get one outside the train station but never tried anywhere else. I think they've put the supporters buses on back on to the ground again?

1 hour ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Plenty of pubs near the train station so take your pick. O'Neill's, Slug and Lettuce, Scarborough Hotel, Griffin pub....loads! 

Went straight to the ground last year and they had a supporters bar inside the away end, that was pretty convenient to be honest and they let you in it at half time as well.

Anybody got any recommendations for where to get in a taxi? Always mayhem trying to get one outside the train station but never tried anywhere else. I think they've put the supporters buses on back on to the ground again?

Assuming you mean mayhem out the front trying to get a city taxi and you still want to go straight from the station then ring Amber Cars and they’ll pick you up at the back (by the Wetherspoons). Still fairly chaotic with people picking up and dropping off but will be much quicker and cheaper.

If that’s what you’re trying to avoid then... depends where you’re drinking. You can’t move for Amber cars in Leeds.

I live in Leeds (don't worry, had my jabs).

There are plenty of brill places for beers in Leeds centre.

If you're not wearing colours, I'll recommend a couple within 5 mins walk of the station and on the right side of town for getting to Bellend Road:

For just beers, there's a new Thornbridge pub called the Bankers Cat on Boar Lane (right by the station). I was in there last night. Afraid they don't sell any of the Wednesday beers.

For beers and food, head to Assembly Underground, about 5 mins walk up the hill from the station. It's a bit like a smaller version of Cutlery Works, with a better bar run by Vocation. 50 beers on tap, recommend the pizzas.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

why did they take them off? the buses ive used last 2 seasons to ground.

Guest Grez Bez
3 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Uber

If you don't have it its worth walking up to where Blackhouse/ Tattu is

Could call Amber if needed, they don't have half as many cars now but still #1 (after Uber)

57 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Uber

If you don't have it its worth walking up to where Blackhouse/ Tattu is

Could call Amber if needed, they don't have half as many cars now but still #1 (after Uber)

Station to Tattu is around 250 yards. Not sure you’d need a cab.