New role for Dominic

7 hours ago, iamgulasch said:

I’ve been watching our best centre back closely now these last 3 months and have come to the conclusion that he could be our next warhurst-like unlikely converted hard working, stamina in abundance, strong, speedy, eye for goal (proved already it with his Dead ball heading abilities), target-man able, discreetly (smart) fouling, lone striker alternative to fletch.

when I was a kid the best players eventually ended up as forwards and lets all admit he does have standout qualities, obviously not previously recognised by wolves...

we do have adequate cover at centre back with börner, lees. 

let’s go for it and turn a 10m£ centerback into a 30m£ drogba lookalike.

discuss...

when was the last time you slept? 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

For me only time I'd look at throwing him up top would be if we're chasing the game and losing in the last half hour as an extra centre forward to simply cause chaos in the air. . 

Other teams have done this down the years most notably if I remember warnocchio used to do this with Morgan when at the piggies. 

We’ve kind of done this a few times with Börner this season. When we’ve been chasing games he’s been continuing runs into their box and staying there while we have possession.

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If we sell Westwood we could always use Nuhiu as a back up keeper.

Why would we take our best centre back and put him upfront. It doesn't just weaken one position it weakens two as he isnt a centre forward.

I'd quite enjoy seeing him dive in slow motion.

giphy.gif

Edited by MRGRIM
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JackSWFC said:

We’ve kind of done this a few times with Börner this season. When we’ve been chasing games he’s been continuing runs into their box and staying there while we have possession.

Didn't Jones do the same with either Refa or llera, though probably part due to Mellor couldn't stay fit and madine the simpleton was always suspended?? Ooh apparently the word

Mo*ng is censored lol

Edited by shezzas left peg

9 hours ago, Rogers said:

Why are people obsessed with playing Iorfa in another role, other than the one he wants to play. 

Right back, midfield, and now striker. 

Why don't we just loan (get freebies) players for the positions we need. 

Whoa. . . . . . . . . hold on a minute with that talking sense stuff!!!

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

People did see the way he made a right mess of a chance 6 yards out against Cardiff, yes? 

Look on the bright side, at least he had a chance which is one more than the rest of them lol

I'd rather we just stick with Iorfa at centre back. The position suits him as it is, and he'll only get better; we could well end up with a player worth a heck of a lot of money.

Also, his close control isn't the greatest, and this would only be exposed all the more if he takes up positions further up the field.

15 hours ago, Ranchrat said:

I think he could be more of a Carlton Palmer than a Paul Warhurst if we wanted/needed to play him out of position!

Indeed. 

Big Dom will never have the devastating first touch and shooting power that Warhurst had.

But he can eat up ground in midfield like Carlton.

Even so I'd be loathe to move him from a role which has made him worth millions 

Some serious Wednesday-tinted spectacles going on from the OP. 

Warhurst scored 32 goals in 380 career appearances. Not exactly prolific. In fact, almost exactly what you'd expect from a defender...

16 hours ago, iamgulasch said:

I’ve been watching our best centre back closely now these last 3 months and have come to the conclusion that he could be our next warhurst-like unlikely converted hard working, stamina in abundance, strong, speedy, eye for goal (proved already it with his Dead ball heading abilities), target-man able, discreetly (smart) fouling, lone striker alternative to fletch.

when I was a kid the best players eventually ended up as forwards and lets all admit he does have standout qualities, obviously not previously recognised by wolves...

we do have adequate cover at centre back with börner, lees. 

let’s go for it and turn a 10m£ centerback into a 30m£ drogba lookalike.

discuss...

Well Lees has a better strike rate than Nuihu and Winnall put together so there might be something in it. :bullen:

Lol he looks good running out with the ball but then panics and loses control of his legs. If he's going to play anywhere other than CB, RB then it's centre mid. 

That said if we are losing with ten/fifteen minutes to go then yes chuck him upfront to cause mayhem!