New role for Dominic

I’ve been watching our best centre back closely now these last 3 months and have come to the conclusion that he could be our next warhurst-like unlikely converted hard working, stamina in abundance, strong, speedy, eye for goal (proved already it with his Dead ball heading abilities), target-man able, discreetly (smart) fouling, lone striker alternative to fletch.

when I was a kid the best players eventually ended up as forwards and lets all admit he does have standout qualities, obviously not previously recognised by wolves...

we do have adequate cover at centre back with börner, lees. 

let’s go for it and turn a 10m£ centerback into a 30m£ drogba lookalike.

discuss...

• Haha 2

Personally, I don't see it. lol

He's proving to be exceptional in defence I'll be disappointed if we move him anywhere!! 

PS: I look more like Drogba than him and I'm middle aged and white....

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, iamgulasch said:

I’ve been watching our best centre back closely now these last 3 months and have come to the conclusion that he could be our next warhurst-like unlikely converted hard working, stamina in abundance, strong, speedy, eye for goal (proved already it with his Dead ball heading abilities), target-man able, discreetly (smart) fouling, lone striker alternative to fletch.

when I was a kid the best players eventually ended up as forwards and lets all admit he does have standout qualities, obviously not previously recognised by wolves...

discuss...

WTF:

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Personally, I don't see it. lol

He's proving to be exceptional in defence I'll be disappointed if we move him anywhere!! 

PS: I look more like Drogba than him and I'm middle aged and white....

Sorry just panicking a little bit from this here fletcher situation.. until recently I had a strong belief that this might be our season of glory 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
11 minutes ago, iamgulasch said:

discuss...

Too late. I’m already on commission for suggesting this last week :Chansiri:

In all seriosuness, I do think we should give it a try. Even later on if we’re chasing a game.

Guest Ferkorf
15 minutes ago, iamgulasch said:

discuss...

Suggested this after the cardiff game.

Probably more tongue in cheek though but got negged to death for it.

Be interesting to see though if only we had a useless game coming up we could experiment in.... Qpr away cough cough

If reports are right and 1 or 2 premiership clubs have been looking at him , one of which has had our pants down with George Hirst then I'd be looking for some serious cash, absolutely top dollar and move him on with said money being reinvested in the starting 11.

Edited by Blue and white

6 minutes ago, iamgulasch said:

Sorry just panicking a little bit from this here fletcher situation.. until recently I had a strong belief that this might be our season of glory 

We'd be foolish not to address that in this window. Fletch, arguably our most pivotal player atm. Fingers crossed we have something in the pipeline. 

He doesn’t have many of Warhurst’s attributes, who by the way, wasn’t a particularly good centre forward. Both have pace, but that’s about it. Warhurst’s main asset, aside from his pace, was the fact that he would shoot on sight. How many keepers were beaten, when they, or anybody else for that matter, never expected a shot. His all round game though, from a strikers point of view, was poor, and he was very difficult to play with. For example, he couldn’t play with Hirst, although he did OK with Bright. 

Can remember talking to Brighty about it, and he said, his teammates never knew what he was going to do, so what chance did the keepers have.

38 minutes ago, iamgulasch said:

discuss...

testicles...

Why are people obsessed with playing Iorfa in another role, other than the one he wants to play. 

Right back, midfield, and now striker. 

Why don't we just loan (get freebies) players for the positions we need. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He doesn’t have many of Warhurst’s attributes, who by the way, wasn’t a particularly good centre forward. Both have pace, but that’s about it. Warhurst’s main asset, aside from his pace, was the fact that he would shoot on sight. How many keepers were beaten, when they, or anybody else for that matter, never expected a shot. His all round game though, from a strikers point of view, was poor, and he was very difficult to play with. For example, he couldn’t play with Hirst, although he did OK with Bright. 

Can remember talking to Brighty about it, and he said, his teammates never knew what he was going to do, so what chance did the keepers have.

I agree with most of this but the comparison was Primarily in the conversion bit.

i haven’t seen Iorfa taking many shots at goal but I do believe that this is something that could be coached into his game. Natural abilities like strength, pace, positioning, general smartness and time and place intuition less so

So we put Iorfa upfront and he plays well and gets a goal..........................

.............. But we lose the match 3-1 as we just lost our best centre back that seems to mop up virtually any danger there is at the back.

WTF:

For me only time I'd look at throwing him up top would be if we're chasing the game and losing in the last half hour as an extra centre forward to simply cause chaos in the air. . 

Other teams have done this down the years most notably if I remember warnocchio used to do this with Morgan when at the piggies.