BREAKING - club statement

One thing is certain! We may have won the battle, but we haven't yet won the war!

I would venture to suggest that, should Owls fans be allowed to exit via Leppings Lane, they must not only be 'pure as driven snow' , they must behave like pure Gentlemen and ladies, and despite any provocation, which will certainly come, simply take it on the chin., and not retaliate.

It may seem an almost impossible situation, but I have no doubt but what we shall be under the utmost scrutiny fro SCC, SAG,SYP and anyone who cares to stick their oar in, looking for the first chance to say 'WE were right.' and repeat the action. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

I've just looked on the Sheffield Slur website and can't see one word regarding the Judge's findings yesterday.

That's a surprise isn't it ?

Remarkable isn’t it that news outlets like BBC, Sheffield Star, Yorkshire Post, all had the prohibition notice as big news headlines. Many pointing out how the Leppings Lane  end of the ground was where the Hillsborough disaster took place etc etc.

The fact that the prohibition order has been judged invalid does not rate a single mention in any of these publications.

Without the SWFC club statement the sporting world would be unaware of yesterday’s judgement.

• Like 5

In other completely unrelated news, congratulations to a N Redhouse of S3 on winning the forthcoming Owls Foundation Quarterly draw.  This quarters bumper prize includes an executive box, a months worth of shopping, gardening, washing and ironing undertaken by a member of the first team squad of their choice and, of course, a £3 match programme. 

Legal disclaimer: this is completely fictitious (and a poor attempt at humor) 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

In other completely unrelated news, congratulations to a N Redhouse of S3 on winning the forthcoming Owls Foundation Quarterly draw.  This quarters bumper prize includes an executive box, a months worth of shopping, gardening, washing and ironing undertaken by a member of the first team squad of their choice and, of course, a £3 match programme. 

Legal disclaimer: this is completely fictitious (and a poor attempt at humor

Also a heinous Americanism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

I've just looked on the Sheffield Slur website and can't see one word regarding the Judge's findings yesterday.

That's a surprise isn't it ?

I noticed exactly the same maybe a mail bom from owlstalk members:laugh:

Edited by paul92vr6

This would be a great time for the club to announce a reduction in the POTG prices on the North to £25 for the rest of the season to get more fans in the stands. 

Try and get some more revenue into the club from previously empty seats.

23 hours ago, room0035 said:

This would be a great time for the club to announce a reduction in the POTG prices on the North to £25 for the rest of the season to get more fans in the stands. 

Try and get some more revenue into the club from previously empty seats.

It would help with the "loss of revenue" claim as well  if we could prove we sold every seat since the order was lifted.

After the Blackburn game I'm going to go to the bottom of the kop, walk round the side of the pitch and get onto the North just so I can go out that way.

I suggest everyone else on the kop does the same.

FTSCC

FTB

FTSAG
FTSYP

FTEFL

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Steelman said:

It would help with the "loss of revenue" claim as well  if we could prove we sold every seat since the order was lifted.

After the Blackburn game I'm going to go to the bottom of the kop, walk round the side of the pitch and get onto the North just so I can go out that way.

I suggest everyone else on the kop does the same.

FTSCC

FTB

FTSAG
FTSYP

FTEFL

I am hoping that the SCC, SAG, and SYP are at the match tomorrow in a city 30 miles away in the same country and same county that is holding a local derby which has a history to it, at wait for it...……..

3PM ON A SATURDAY  I Know what you are thinking we were told my numerous bodies this could never happen the carnage, the problems, it is unsafe yet West Yorkshire Police presumable run by the same force in the same county have the policing ability to do it with probably more people attending than the Sheffield Derby.

I do hope some of the SYP are in attendance for on the job training of how to manage a local derby on a Saturday with a 3pm kick off, as they have no Sheffield game tomorrow to manage as the Blunts play tonight. 

16 minutes ago, flo said:

I don't think it means we can sell more tickets in the North Stand yet, just that they can now exit onto Leppings Lane. I might be wrong though. 

Entry and exit ability must be intrinsically linked to capacity.

The reporting of the trial and judges comments before Christmas gave every indication that Wednesday were in the right. The SAG had admitted the notice was clumsily worded and if found invalid would just issue another, when compared with professional approach taken by Wednesday in which facts and figures were used to show how poor decision was made it clear we would win the judgement.

In view of attitude change by SAG I think it is fairly clear somebody on high has stepped on them and told them to end this fiasco. The repercussions of this will not end with this judgement as SAG have a serious responsibility and the clearly they are unable to do job properly. the decision suggests they are either,

1, Incompetent unable to ascertain what the risk was and how to mitigate it,

2, Biased have made a judgement which was not fair to all parties which suggests they have and agenda

3, Taken SYP report on face value without any critical examination of it and ignored that it was not representative of all parties involved.

Whichever applies it indicates the SAG is composed of individuals who lack the skills to do the job properly and raises questions re other decisions they may have made. You would expect individuals will be replaced in due course and SYP will also need to look at who commissioned report and their part in this fiasco and review procedures. The Government were reportedly watching the outcome of this case and with the poor decisions being made costing tax payer a potentially huge sum, there will be a considerable amount of unease In SCC.

The lack of reporting of the judgement is amazing, it does appear that media is being controlled more and more. Which is a grave concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134240

I assume SYP SAG SCC will immediately take steps to prevent this happening again?

Yeh, right.

How would we be able to highlight this further to see if anything is done?

After the witch hunt at our club we need to see that the response from the authorities is proportionate in this case

Sure SAG and syp will use this as an excuse to use draconian measures across both clubs. Can't see restrictions being lifted at ours now, SYP seem to find it difficult to handle football games. Makes you wonder if any other forces request support from SYP for their games like we get help from Northumbria etc?

I presume they will be stopping all homes fans access to Bramall Lane end before and after each game and making them detour round the block. If not absolute double standards. They have caused issues game after game but nothing done  why?

• Like 1