BREAKING - club statement

Just now, Hitcat said:

I'm rather hoping for a 6 through the clubhouse window when it comes to the EFL.

It's interesting that SCC are prevaricating about paying our costs.

The law of the land has ruled Hitcat.. perhaps they've left an iron in the fire for more cordial future discussion?

I fully expect the EFL to have taken a keen interest in the (unrelated) case.

Winning can be habit forming.

48 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It’s a disgrace innit,  and will be brushed under the carpet yet again 

Complete madness

Maybe I'll mention it come election time when they come canvassing for votes at my front door. 

Oh hang on a minute. I forgot. I've never once seen any of the flippers come to my front door. Not once. 

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm enjoying this nearly as much as beating Brighton..

Me too mate...would have loved to see the "Crowd Prof" answering the questions...

"Lawyer "So Professor  ..What makes you an expert in cntrolling 25'000 football fans"

Prof.."Well threes a crowd they say"

Lawyer.."but in the context of controlling crowds of figures..err..exceeding that by 24, 997?"

Prof..."Well if you take into account a bird in the hand is worth two in the b...."

Lawyer.."Have you any actual experience in crowd control apart from the odd adage"

Prof.."Absolutely...I was involved in the cooks and the broth thingy when the stitch in time saved ni...."

Lawyer..."Are you not just simply stating more adages??"

Prof..."Insofar as many a muckle makes a m............"

lawyer " Have you any experience at all with football crowds regarding ingress and egress from a football stadium?"

Prof " I havent actually set foot in a football ground...as the saying goes "fools rush in where......"

lawyer.."So your whole argument is based on pithy sayings "

Prof "let he who is without sin cast the first...err...cook in the broth..bird thing!!!"

lawyer "FFS!"

SAG "Oh Jesus please"

SYP..." Here we go again.....................

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's interesting that SCC are prevaricating about paying our costs.

The law of the land has ruled Hitcat.. perhaps they've left an iron in the fire for more cordial future discussion?

I fully expect the EFL to have taken a keen interest in the (unrelated) case.

Winning can be habit forming.

It's up to the judge as to whether SYP, SAG or SCC pay costs or not. Not for them.to.offer to.pay

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Good news. Be interesting to see if there's a backlash should they have to pay our costs too. If they do I'd like to know who is responsible for this colossal waste of taxpayers money and what their plan or agenda was. 

Only downside is that the north might get busier now and the queues for pies will be huge. Or they'll sell out quicker. 

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Wouldn't worry about that. If they run of pies and tea, there's always warmed up vimto available.

Great news especially for the fans that sit/stand on the north stand. Just hope  the club, syp and sag and whoever else is involved can come to some arrangement so the next time we have a big game it passes without incident. Although if Leeds go up the next big game we have could be a while. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I've also noticed that, while they were quick to report the ban initially being imposed, the BBC sport website has not reported the decision that it's now been uncovered as a nonsense. 

That seems to happen often. Or, it is reported but much lower key than the original story, such as with FF.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Regardless of what opinions/agendas some of the chairman’s biggest critics have its 100% beyond me how anyone REALLY thought the club was in the wrong on this,  imagine South Yorkshire Police won’t be too amused tonight with this news 

SYP themselves may not be amused, but I find this quite amusing.

It must be my cynical sense of humour.

SCC need to be honest with themselves. They set out to support their own position rather than look at the case on its merits. This is called confirmation bias in academic circles and the manc poly charlatan should have known that:

'Avoiding Confirmation bias is important because it may lead people to hold strongly to false beliefs or to give more weight to information that supports their beliefs than is warranted by the evidence.'

Anybody not involved in the SAG SYP SCC magic circle could have told em they were guilty of groupthink too.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised at the judge's findings - the basis and history leading up to the issuing of the PN in July was flawed and the judge couldn't go along with the authorities opinions, which were vague and conclusions which were founded on an academic's report, SYP essentially failing to do their job, and SAG/SCC eagerly going along with SYP since last March.

I wonder if we'll have an apology from Mothersole for his ridiculous outburst after the Luton game, which from his own press officer was based on a few twitter reports that neither he nor anyone from the council had first hand experience. He is a disgrace to the City IMO and we'll not hear from him again now a 'professional' has finally intervened in this sorry affair.

Interestingly SCC are not looking to re-introduce another PN. I assume they will need to take legal advice. If they did, and say another judge says that it was also invalid, at some point SWFC will be looking to claim damages from SCC through lost revenue. I hope we have indicated that we would look at going down this avenue should they do it.

Hopefully SYP will now do their job, which they seem to be willing and able to do at Bramall Lane every other week. Hopefully SAG/SCC now see that their actions have no legal basis, and reflect on their drift towards implementing these unfair and unfounded measures at Hillsborough, which no other stadium in their jurisdiction is subjected.