Odubajo told he can leave

9 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It was a poor decision to sell Thorniley. Never put a foot wrong for us, a good defender and excellent as cover. At 23 still young and has potential. Maybe Monk's hand was forced by Thorniley himself, but he never played him and didnt rate him which I find strange. Jos and Bruce loved him.

Odubajo however hasn't put a foot right unfortunately here, he's still relatively young at 26 but has seemed to be affected badly by his injury, which is no big surprise. On the balance of what I've seen, its probably the right decision to sell Odubajo but I dojt think many will complain if he's still ours on Feb 1st.

Perfect example of a howl of derision 

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Really? I think it is more sensible than a howl.

I disagree with us selling one of our players that you were happy with letting go, am I not allowed an opinion different to yours?

Was all a bit dramatic really...

‘never put a foot wrong‘

’loved by Jos and Bruce’

Howwwwl

17 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Was all a bit dramatic really...

‘never put a foot wrong‘

’loved by Jos and Bruce’

Howwwwl

Could you tell me which games he put a foot wrong in please.

He was loved by them too though. Jos played him regularly and Bruce trusted him enough to play him at Stamford Bridge instead of experienced options when Hector couldn't play.

I disagree with selling young players with potential, especially when we are light in the respective positions he plays.

There are 5 or 6 ahead of him I'd rather have let go. Odubajo being one of them. But it isnt my decision, it's Monk's.

You just cant seem to handle that others have differing opinions to you, can you?

Edited by Birley Owl 1867
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He was loved by them too though. Jos played him regularly and Bruce trusted him enough to play him at Stamford Bridge instead of experienced options when Hector couldn't play.

I disagree with selling young players with potential, especially when we are light in the respective positions he plays.

There are 5 or 6 ahead of him I'd rather have let go. Odubajo being one of them. But it isnt my decision, it's Monk's.

You just cant seem to handle that others have differing opinions to you, can you?

My god I can’t remember all his mistakes. 

Millwall away was the biggest clanger that sticks out

15 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

My god I can’t remember all his mistakes. 

Millwall away was the biggest clanger that sticks out

When he got kicked in the head going for an header?

The fact you cant remember his mistakes suggests he didn't make many, if any at all.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

53 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Perhaps the lad wanted to move? 23 and has four defenders ahead of him. Don’t blame him for wanting to go play games. 

Ideally the club probably did want to keep him, but that’s not fair on a Thorniley. He deserves to be playing games. 

55 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Perhaps the lad wanted to move? 23 and has four defenders ahead of him. Don’t blame him for wanting to go play games. 

Ideally the club probably did want to keep him, but that’s not fair on a Thorniley. He deserves to be playing games. 

I think that is the possibility, but in that case, think it would have been better to let him leave on loan.