Odubajo told he can leave

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think you might be being a bit generous there. If that was the case, why did he lumber us with all these wingers, that he wouldn’t have been able to play

Maybe he was going to go 3-4-3 eventually?

We'll never know.

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Oh dear, and so it continues About time the people who are responsible for recruitment, started doing their homework

Although for us to quickly realise a free transfer isn't good enough and so seek to quickly trim the wage bill in order to better utilise resources seems like a big step forward to me. We'd usually just let them carrying on training for three more years but never hear of them again.

He's been given games but keeps making the same mistakes defensively. Maybe he doesn't listen or stick to the team plan but he is constantly out of position.

Disappointing but at least it indicates that we're not just going to keep players because they're part of the family. 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Although for us to quickly realise a free transfer isn't good enough and so seek to quickly trim the wage bill in order to better utilise resources seems like a big step forward to me. We'd usually just let them carrying on training for three more years but never hear of them again.

This much is true, and if he had become surplus to requirements, then yes, it’s best for all parties if he moves on Why the club thought he would be the answer, I don’t know Anyone who had watched him recently surely would not have reached that conclusion. I think it’s no coincidence that we have two potentially good right back options coming through the ranks

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This much is true, and if he had become surplus to requirements, then yes, it’s best for all parties if he moves on Why the club thought he would be the answer, I don’t know Anyone who had watched him recently surely would not have reached that conclusion. I think it’s no coincidence that we have two potentially good right back options coming through the ranks

Who is the other one? Baker will be on his way. Dawodu and Hughes.

So Bruce worked with him at Hull where he did very well and would know 100% what he could bring.

We will never know whether Bruce would have made him a good signing . 

Of course we might yet find a player there, just because we have said he can leave doesn’t mean he will.

47 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Monks not messing about is he

Probably for the best, he’s a liability at right back

This is why I think we could finally see the old guard moved on. He seems to be very decisive and the old ‘we’re one big family’ nonsense doesn’t apply any more. 

If rumours of Bannan & Hutch attracting interest are true I wonder if any of fans favourites will be moved on? 

2 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Who is the other one? Baker will be on his way. Dawodu and Hughes.

I’m not sure about Hughes, does he play there nowadays? Definitely Urhoghide and Dawodu have a real chance, I’d have thought Shame that Dawodu suffered that injury that meant he missed the first half of the season

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

This is why I think we could finally see the old guard moved on. He seems to be very decisive and the old ‘we’re one big family’ nonsense doesn’t apply any more. 

If rumours of Bannan & Hutch attracting interest are true I wonder if any of fans favourites will be moved on? 

That neither suit his two man midfield, yes quite possibly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Monk not messing about, obviously seen enough of him. That Preston performance was the stuff of nightmares!

Quite. 

My first game of the season that. 

Oh, how I wished I'd drank several more pints before the game. 

46 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't know Bruces loan signing have been pretty crap - Aarons, Lazaar, Bates - But I think what Bruce did best was give the club some structure off the pitch.

Bruce didn't sign Bates,  he didn't come until the end of the August transfer window.