Odubajo told he can leave

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Unrealistic to expect 100% of signings to come off. Given who else we brought in during Bruce's short stint, there's no room to complain about this one.

I don't know Bruces loan signing have been pretty crap - Aarons, Lazaar, Bates - But I think what Bruce did best was give the club some structure off the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Bruce has a good record with us otherwise to be fair

I don't think it's necessarily right either to credit Bruce for some good signings nor blames him for this. 

On this one, the evidence seems to be that post injury he has lost pace which in the past compensated for technical weaknesses. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Not surprised at all. Just not been the player we thought we had signed. 

Doing some proper homework should have told us exactly what we were signing Yes all signings are a lottery, but you can mitigate against this type of thing, by doing a bit of basic research

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't know Bruces loan signing have been pretty crap - Aarons, Lazaar, Bates - But I think what Bruce did best was give the club some structure off the pitch.

Our primary problem has been signing wasters on big contracts and then getting stuck with the dead wood. Not the case with these. And for what it's worth, I thought Lazaar added a much needed dimension to the side, unfortunately he picked up an injury before he could make a proper impact. But I liked him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would say more, a mixed record There was no recent evidence that suggest Odubajo would ever be a realistic right back option 

I agree with the opinion on right back.

I think ultimately Bruce wanted a wing back system which is why he was brought in.

18 months left on his contract, being told you can leave and actually leaving are two different things. As we know, some players happy not to play and keep collecting the cash.

There will hardly be a long list of interested parties given his form and not many are prepared to take a pay cut, especially after a significant injury as well.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Doing some proper homework should have told us exactly what we were signing Yes all signings are a lottery, but you can mitigate against this type of thing, by doing a bit of basic research

Hardly cost an arm and leg though. It’s a low risk high reward signing. Didn’t work. He moves on.

• Like 1

Just now, Salmonbones said:

I agree with the opinion on right back.

I think ultimately Bruce wanted a wing back system which is why he was brought in.

Think you might be being a bit generous there. If that was the case, why did he lumber us with all these wingers, that he wouldn’t have been able to play