Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday

So the game is on Saturday and surprisingly will be at 3pm. It will be interesting to see if there is any issues off the pitch. We all hope for 3 points on it for the Owls.

SYP and SCC have always told us that we are not allowed derbies at 3pm on a Saturday due to safety reason. If West Yorkshire Police manage to do the game without any serious incidents surely this will aid SWFC in their fight against the police with some of the insane ideas they have for owls games.

Lets hope for a win and for once (only) that the west Yorkshire Police show up the short comings of South Yorkshire Police in managing a football match.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So the game is on Saturday and surprisingly will be at 3pm. It will be interesting to see if there is any issues off the pitch. We all hope for 3 points on it for the Owls.

SYP and SCC have always told us that we are not allowed derbies at 3pm on a Saturday due to safety reason. If West Yorkshire Police manage to do the game without any serious incidents surely this will aid SWFC in their fight against the police with some of the insane ideas they have for owls games.

Lets hope for a win and for once (only) that the west Yorkshire Police show up the short comings of South Yorkshire Police in managing a football match.

Makes ya think doesn't it, how West Yorkshire plod give it the go ahead for its original date and time but our lot would have ya believe games like this must be early kick off. 

South Yorkshire police giving South Yorkshire a bad rep since 84 - 85.

It's almost always been broadcast on Sky before and therefore usually been an early kick off (actually wasn't it a late teatime kick off last year?). It wasn't on Sky a couple of seasons ago when we won in the snow and that was 3pm Saturday I think.

Basically, policing a football match at 3pm doesn't seem to be a problem for any police force other than SYP...

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A tricky game, but Monk needs a result from this one. Four straight defeats would not be acceptable for a side hoping for promotion

I can see us winning. Leeds seem to love passing , in fact they probably over pass, and they have know cutting edge. If we can keep the game tight I can see us winning it from a

set piece.

Leeds need a striker badly or they could miss out yet again

12 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Well, this is the second time we've played them on the weekend of my birthday. Two wildly contrasting results for those games.....

Lost one 6-1 and won the other 6-0. 

It'll be a draw on Saturday then.... 

We lost 1-0 to them on my birthday last year. Also played them on my birthday in 2013, we lost 2-1 after leading at HT with a JJ goal, we got kept in the ground for ages afterwards and I got a parking ticket for going over the time limit. Ended up in court for it after a 10 month saga before eventually winning.

41 minutes ago, prowl said:

Just hope it goes off without trouble or they will use it as an excuse to be even more restrictive at Hillsborough.

"An unlucky Sheffield Wednesday fan fell to the ground boarding his coach away from Elland Road on Saturday afternoon, after being distracted by what he thought was someone shouting his name.  He was treated for a grazed right elbow and a sore left wrist by brave St. John's ambulance crew.

Sheffield Wednesday are to now play the next 6 games behind closed doors, with all future Home games to be monitored by state of the art drone technology. Any sudden movement, or noise above 62 decibels, will result in an automated tazer shot directly to the chest. Continued rule breaking will result in the removal of a limb, at the discretion of the nearest steward.

All home fans in the Kop end are now required to wear inflatable Sumo wrestling suits to kerb potential violence.

Wednesday are currently 5 points from safety, after their shock EFL record 20 point deduction."

Edited by Suzuki_San

22 hours ago, room0035 said:

Theres a reason why they built the massive new police station within spitting distance of there ground. 

Probably toughest game of the season on paper. They will no doubt have 70% possession  and will be in our third a lot of the time. 

These are the sort of games where you wish you had pace up top to use on a counter attack or have a danger from set pieces like Fletcher. 

I’d take a draw and consider it a good result. A loss would be 4 on the spin in the league so it would be great to halt that sequence. 

19 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

If Leeds put in a performance like first half midweek against Arsenal I can see us losing by 2 or 3.  Much as it pains me to say, I thought they looked very good.

But second half ? Doubt we will be as accommodating as Arsenal we’re that first half either . 

6 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Let’s hope not - would be great to get the show back on the road with 3 points.

I always fear playing this lot , but we have done ok against them lately so there’s hope . I also live and work amongst many Leeds fans so added pressure.