Chansiri's Wife and share transfer

Ok, I kind of have another slant on this and i'm not sure of how it works.

I think the holding company and such enables things like land and structures to be transferred between entities without incurring tax to the HMRC.

I don't know how it works, but I am sure this is the basis of this occurring, to essentially negate some level of tax on the transfer of the stadium.  

10 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I think the holding company and such enables things like land and structures to be transferred between entities without incurring tax to the HMRC.

I don't know how it works, but I am sure this is the basis of this occurring, to essentially negate some level of tax on the transfer of the stadium.  

You’re not sure how it works but your sure that’s why he’s done it. Ffs

• Haha 3

I do find it bizarre how for years now our local media have been all over our finances and able to report all sorts of stuff. Yet Sheffield United were days away from insolvency and needed a loan from the Bin Ladens, yet no one gets the hear about it until months/years later during a court battle. 

• Like 2

On 08/01/2020 at 10:52, SieBorg said:

Just seen a tweet from Mike McCarthy saying we have appointed Chansiri's wife as a director of SWFC Holdings Limited  based in Hong Kong and that The SWFC Holdings Shares have been transfered From Mr Chansiri to the Chansiri Owned Sheffield S2 Limited.

Anybody heard about this and know any reason for it?

S2 Limited...okaaay

8 hours ago, Frazzlebeak said:

You’re not sure how it works but your sure that’s why he’s done it. Ffs

I've just witnessed it done on a smaller scale elsewhere, same modus operandi.   - a different type of business altogether but everything else the same.  I had it explained to me three times how it had stopped payment being needed to the HMRC but gave up trying to grasp it.

19 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Not sure if this is still viable but in some cases, an individual who was tax resident but not domiciled in the UK may have had a lower exposure to UK tax where properties are owned through a non-UK structure.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

I've just witnessed it done on a smaller scale elsewhere, same modus operandi.   - a different type of business altogether but everything else the same.  I had it explained to me three times how it had stopped payment being needed to the HMRC but gave up trying to grasp it.

Would they not have done that in the first place though?

I honestly don't know....I wish I did, but it smacks of dodgin' bullets...

On 08/01/2020 at 17:24, kobayashi said:

He must go to sleep every night wishing he'd never heard of Sheffield Wednesday.

I imagine that it must be pretty difficult for Mr Chansiri to admonish his wife when she comes home with some "bargains" from shopping in downtown Bangkok when she has the  simple retort of "Don't have a go at me for spending money, you bought that bloody football club".

Poor lad.

to be fair many of us fans probably do the same on a Saturday

Gave my beloved a voucher for a sauna and rubdown at a famous sheff sauna for xmas.

She doesn't know it's famous btw.

She said she is nervous at getting undressed in front of strangers....so she said, 'you may as well use it.

If only DC had my business brain.

:biggrin:

• Haha 3