Forestieri reaction?

15 goals first season, 12 the season after then he only managed to score 12 over the next 3 seasons. His bad attitude and his lack of respect for his team mates, fellow players, the staff at SWFC and the fans of SWFC have been there for all to see, but too many fans have been blinded by the all too seldom flash of brilliance for too long. He will not go on to have a wonderful career elsewhere unless he drops a division or two, or has a huge change of personality, which frankly I do not believe he wants. 

For those who like a bit of facef**k filosophy; Real stars constantly shine, they don't just occasionally twinkle. Please Mr Monk, give him that one on a framed poster in big letters as a goodbye present and thank him for the two good seasons he had with us, then slap his face for his disgraceful lack of public and personal pride when he spat his dummy out by refusing to play for us at Norwich away. We got an away point without him that day and we have scored plenty without him since. The time to move on is long past. His light over Hillsborough waned three years ago and I really hope that Monk will snuff it out! He has given us as many bitter memories as he has sweet memories and to be honest, the bad things he has done in the name of Sheffield Wednesday have been disgraceful in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

But that’s what a number 10 does. They play off the main striker dropping deep to link play and/or running the channels out wide.

They are never going to be a prolific goal scorer themselves but create goals for the main centre forward or number 9; very much like Beardsley with Lineker for England and Shearer for Newcastle or even our own Paul Williams running the channels for David Hirst. And there in lies one of the problems when Forestieri has played centrally we have never had a Lineker or Hirst type of centre forward at 9 we have often had Someone like Nuhiu.

Which is fine....if it works.

And it doesn’t. If you look at our TEAM goals and results with FF central it’s just awful.

Anyway, we now have the bigger problem by far. Out true talisman Fletcher is out for 8/10 weeks. Unless we buy we need to find a striking duo from Winnall, Nuhiu and Rhodes, though you will no doubt add Forestieri to that.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's all the Leeds fans pointing and laughing then. 

Id be to embarrassed to use that combination if I was a manager

It’s not though is it?

A good pal of mine is a Leeds season ticket holder and he says their fans hate it when Nuhiu is on.

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It’s not though is it?

A good pal of mine is a Leeds season ticket holder and he says their fans hate it when Nuhiu is on.

I'm confident they will change their mind on Saturday if that is the case. 

We will not get anywhere with the available strike force we have.  I just cannot see any of them doing what they are paid to do which is predominately to score goals.

I fervently hope that you are right and I will be eating humble pie come the end of the season.  Unfortunately I fear that pie won't even be nibbled at. 

We need to sign one or two recognised forwards and ideally bin the others off, but again I fear that we have missed the boat on that happening. 

All three are honest enough professionals and I don't question their desire, they are just not to the standard we require. 

Our biggest mistake this season wasn't replacing Joao and Hooper with one or two strikers.

Anyway we might get a penalty or two.

Hey ho

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Which is fine....if it works.

And it doesn’t. If you look at our TEAM goals and results with FF central it’s just awful.

Anyway, we now have the bigger problem by far. Out true talisman Fletcher is out for 8/10 weeks. Unless we buy we need to find a striking duo from Winnall, Nuhiu and Rhodes, though you will no doubt add Forestieri to that.

Yes, but I'd argue there is a lot more to it than just playing FF central.  Given that he's barely played for the last three seasons goals and wins should not have been hard to come by but as we have seen that is not the case.  I remember back to that awful spell just before Carlos was sacked where we had only had about 5 shots on target in an entire month and that was nothing to do with playing FF up front.

But anyway we could probably argue about this all day:) As for current matters, you're right Fletcher is a huge loss.  That could well rule out playing a 4-3-3 to suit our remaining strikers who are better in a two but, at the same time, does not really suit our midfield which is better in a three.

I'd go all out to get someone like Gayle in on loan; fast, mobile and scores.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that I have not been alone in thinking that it was all over after Norwich. To read OT over the last few years you would think "Fessi" would get forgiven anything. 

He's an oxygen thief. A cheeky monkey. And on the balance of probabilities, a racist cheeky monkey at that. The fact that it was not proven to a criminal standard of proof does not change that and the sycophants who support this victim narrative are childish. Referees pick on him for diving because he dives a lot. 

21 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

He's in the latest training video from about 2 minutes 30 seconds.

Though doing some jogging/ ball work with one of the coaches rather than the rest of the team

1 to 1 training. Probably the only way to make sure he actually does something.

21 minutes ago, A12owl said:

As he's not fully fit he is doing individual training. It would be pointless and counter productive to his recovery to join the rest of the squad with full on training.

I get sick of seeing the abuse and criticism FF gets on here. It's not his fault he gets injured. He gets kicked all over the place every time he plays. His legs must have suffered huge damage in the last few years. He puts himself about and possible gets upset/depressed If He hasn't been able to help the team enough. If people could consider he may have a mind issue and needs dealing with in a special way. 

Give the bloke a break and encouragement and you might just see the old FF. He hasn't had a good run of games for months.

We need him now more than ever.

We are not a charitable institution.

He has been paid vast sums of money. 

Any successful clubs needs consistent performances. 

We haven’t had that from FF (and it’s not just down to injuries) for 3 years. 

6 months is understandable but it’s been 3 years ffs.

Wake up and small the coffee. 

On 08/01/2020 at 16:01, Dutch McLovin said:

This !!

i can’t wait for him to be back and I hope

monk gives him a run of games up front !!

Only run Monk will give him is round Middlewood road training ground with U23’s on opposite pitch to where first team are training 

43 minutes ago, A12owl said:

This is his stats for the last 5 seasons. He has hardly had any game time due to bans and injuries this season.

Goals to game ratio apart from this season no worse than some others . Taking account of substitute appearances and being subbed to to lack of match fitness he hasn't done too bad imo.

Unfortunately he has had more than his fair share of media attention which hasn't helped.

I still think with the right treatment by Monk and keeping clear of injuries he can do a job for us. Boy do we need somebody to take a game by the scruff of its neck and inject a spark into it. Who else do we have with that sort of potential ?

Btw the coffee smalls good. lol

Forget the charitable organisation bit and the vast sums of money bit.

That's not his fault.

The joke on here for some time was that every misdemeanor by the club would result in a 6 match ban for FF.  It seems he's the scapegoat for everything.

Has been Nuhiu and Fox and joey but not as much as FF. 

I will support him until the sad day he leaves the club.

Screenshot_20200109-210340.jpg

I said at start of the season I’ve love him to come good, score 15-20 goals and get us promoted. 

We’d all love that but the last 5 months have been no better than previous recent seasons and it’s a distant dream that he’s going to start performing regularly now.

If he does then he’ll deserve a lot of credit but I’m not holding my breath. 

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

As he's not fully fit he is doing individual training. It would be pointless and counter productive to his recovery to join the rest of the squad with full on training.

I get sick of seeing the abuse and criticism FF gets on here. It's not his fault he gets injured. He gets kicked all over the place every time he plays. His legs must have suffered huge damage in the last few years. He puts himself about and possible gets upset/depressed If He hasn't been able to help the team enough. If people could consider he may have a mind issue and needs dealing with in a special way. 

Give the bloke a break and encouragement and you might just see the old FF. He hasn't had a good run of games for months.

We need him now more than ever.

My post certainly wasn't meant to be a dig at Fernando far from it. Just pointing out he's back at Middlewood Rd as it seemed some people in earlier posts seemed to be questioning his whereabouts.

I was moreso pointing out he's training separately as not ready to join in with others yet. Still vulnerable to a knock etc. 

I can say there certainly aren't many people who want Fernando to get back to his best as much as me. I've had some personal experiences with him where he's been fantastic with my son. 

First pic is from the family fun day last year when he'd got hit in the stomach by a shot from Ozzie Fernando was fantastic with him. 

Second pic is the card my son made (bit of help from myself) for Fernando in pre season with 'Good luck' in Spanish.

Screenshot_20200109-223521_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20190728-183610.png

Guest The Horse

We keep getting these posts about how he's 'done nothing for years'.

For most of that time he's either been banned or injured.

Nothing much he can do about that.

The few times he's had a chance to come back In-between he's looked a real live wire as usual and the opposites look scared crapless of him.

He's an absolute talent and could well fire us up the league in the next few months.

10 hours ago, A12owl said:

Norwichgate and what else?

Training ground altercation with Winnal.
Refusing to play v Villa and having to be talked round

Alleged racist incident v Mansfield 

Wednesday vice captain questioning his commitment in the Star a few months ago.

A few petulant red cards.

Didn't he also go to training on a Childs bike as protest against another player getting a car when he signed??

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MAL said:

Games          Goals          Years

Malaga loan from Udinese              19                 1              2009-2010 (Not all of 2009 though).

Empoli loan from Udinese               19                 3              2011

Bari loan from Udinese                   28                 2              2011-2012

Watford loan from Udinese             14                 3              2012-2013

Watford                                           66                 17             2013-2015

SWFC                                            120                39             2015

Total                                               266                65

Not great stats them, must be part time.

Be nice of him to try for the next 3 months as a thank you. Then get shot.