Owlstalk Last Man Standing (Game 3)

3 people into week 8 (when will it end ffs) Bad luck to @theowlsman an impressive effort to make it this far.

There's midweek fixtures again, so I need your selections by 7pm on Tuesday 25th 

As we are down to the final 3 please PM me your choices and I'll add you to the spreadsheet when I've received everyone's choices.

@WelshOwl74 @Inspector Lestrade @Lombado

Fixtures here - https://www.livescore.com/soccer/england/championship/#/round-35

Spreadsheet here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oaNkqsgs-YA99217dYna5EloYBAhETf9-O-ujjOHAxs/edit#gid=973140129

Good luck

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

3 people into week 8 (when will it end ffs) Bad luck to @theowlsman an impressive effort to make it this far.

There's midweek fixtures again, so I need your selections by 7pm on Tuesday 25th 

As we are down to the final 3 please PM me your choices and I'll add you to the spreadsheet when I've received everyone's choices.

@WelshOwl74 @Inspector Lestrade @Lombado

Fixtures here - https://www.livescore.com/soccer/england/championship/#/round-35

Spreadsheet here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oaNkqsgs-YA99217dYna5EloYBAhETf9-O-ujjOHAxs/edit#gid=973140129

Good luck

Just sent you my secret entry. Running out of candidates fast!!!

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Hope we all win, keep this game going all season. Only fun I get nowadays. 

Wednesday haven't won a game since I got knocked out in the first round (betting against them). If this game goes on any longer we'll be in the relegation zone.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Hope we all win, keep this game going all season. Only fun I get nowadays. 

Fun for me recently has been having a biopsy for bowel cancer, which was clear thank goodness, knackering both knees playing football, one needing a steroid injection, the other keyhole surgery, having to work through a two week sick note, then being sent to a meeting Leeds with painful knees, less than 2 weeks after the operation.

And that’s no lie.

Think thi sen lucky. At least potentially you  have a mackerel supper and can of Irn Bru to look forward to.

My highlight will be avoiding each of the four ladies involved in sticking a camera up my arse, and forgetting the embarrassment of my bottom tract not being clean on camera.

As I said to the ladies in question, don’t take this the wrong way but your in theatre entertainment was shyte and I hope never to bump into any of you ever again.

😡😡😡

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Fun for me recently has been having a biopsy for bowel cancer, which was clear thank goodness, knackering both knees playing football, one needing a steroid injection, the other keyhole surgery, having to work through a two week sick note, then being sent to a meeting Leeds with painful knees, less than 2 weeks after the operation.

And that’s no lie.

Think thi sen lucky. At least potentially you  have a mackerel supper and can of Irn Bru to look forward to.

My highlight will be avoiding each of the four ladies involved in sticking a camera up my arse, and forgetting the embarrassment of my bottom tract not being clean on camera.

As I said to the ladies in question, don’t take this the wrong way but your in theatre entertainment was shyte and I hope never to bump into any of you ever again.

😡😡😡

Very pleased it was all clear mate.  Hope everything goes well for you.  You're one of the reasons  why OT can be so entertaining.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Very pleased it was all clear mate.  Hope everything goes well for you.  You're one of the reasons  why OT can be so entertaining.

Why thank you good sir. 

Stitches out of my knee tomorrow. 

Life is just getting crazy fun now

15 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Why thank you good sir. 

Stitches out of my knee tomorrow. 

Life is just getting crazy fun now

I had a cruciate snap on my right knee, then a year later the miniscus went. Kept me awake for the cruciate op and they made me watch it on the TV (worse bit is a few weeks later cos they take a chunk of your hamstring to fix it and then the scar tissue on your hamstring snaps...more painful than the original injury).

My bottom is OK so far!!!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lombado said:

I had a cruciate snap on my right knee, then a year later the miniscus went. Kept me awake for the cruciate op and they made me watch it on the TV (worse bit is a few weeks later cos they take a chunk of your hamstring to fix it and then the scar tissue on your hamstring snaps...more painful than the original injury).

My bottom is OK so far!!!

I was out cold for the knee op. Woke up and it was all over. The surgeon was supposed to be stitching the meniscus tear but didn’t, just cleaned the crap out and tidied the cartilage up, shaving bits off etc.

I’d have been happy watching the op though as I’m from Sheffield and hard as nails Mark 😀

Had a full achilles rupture playing football too. Just went in net for the rest of the game, then hobbled to the hospital 4 weeks later after finding having a floppy foot a bit of an inconvenience. Very tight in my hamstrings now btw following the knee op.

Tricky Trev, Super Dad, died of bowel cancer, it can be hereditary, so I have to have regular check ups. It’s why I try to keep myself relatively healthy and fit at our age, not giving in to getting older EVER.

Off to circuit training on Thursday after managing my 10,000 steps yesterday lest than a fortnight after the op.

Bring it on!

• Like 1

Congratulations and well done @Inspector Lestrade a great way to seal the title.

Also well done to @WelshOwl74 and @Lombado for reaching the 8th week, a very decent effort indeed.

I might squeeze one more game in before the end of the season, but as this one has lasted a while I'll probably wait until the start of the season.

Thanks to all for playing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oaNkqsgs-YA99217dYna5EloYBAhETf9-O-ujjOHAxs/edit#gid=973140129

Edited by Whitechapel Owl
  • Thanks 4