Atmosphere ideas

Is this a library chants at every single home game now (even from Hull fans!). Needs some club engineering re seating allocations.

1.  Move the ‘tough guys’ away from the end of the North (are they still there haven’t heard them for ages?).

2.  Move away fans down to bottom tier.  Hillsborough always looks so empty on TV and it will take away their magnificent view from on high and reduce the amplification effect up at the back of the stand.

3.  Have a good run at the playoffs.

Guest Ferkorf
31 minutes ago, Heeleyowl said:

1.  Move the ‘tough guys’ away from the end of the North (are they still there haven’t heard them for ages?).

Why do you want people to move from there? Whats the logic behind it?

The people there tough or not make noise and would be better somewhere else?

2 hours ago, Heeleyowl said:

Is this a library chants at every single home game now (even from Hull fans!). Needs some club engineering re seating allocations.

2.  Move away fans down to bottom tier.  Hillsborough always looks so empty on TV and it will take away their magnificent view from on high and reduce the amplification effect up at the back of the stand.

3.  Have a good run at the playoffs.

the trouble with your number 1 is IF you move the 'tough guys from the north to the kop, the club loses gate money doing so.

also it seem the n/w is 'their choice' as opposed to sitting quietly in the kop (that you can't hear in the n/w) with all the families. till the club creates a proper family stand at a sensible price, then you'll not alter the kop.

17 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Yep, it seems like people are scared to stand up at Hillsborough, I guarantee theres thousands who would want to stand on the kop on matchdays, but it doesnt seem to be 'the thing to do' at Sheffield Wednesday so nobody bothers, well apart from a couple of hundred at the back of the stands.

I remember a bloke used to like to take his shirt of at games and he now has a 3 year ban.

The PC brigade and complete lack of entertaining football has caused the atmosphere at Hillsborough. We have to sit there quiet so we don't upset the players.

22 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Just watching the Manchester derby, it got me thinking, so many clubs stand behind their goal, we must be one of the only ones that don't.

I generally think standing has some form of influence on an atmosphere. 

What is it with nobody wanting to stand on the kop at Hillsborough?

I think we need to be proactive now because home matches are becoming more of a chore now and in my homes opinion, it does have an effect on the players.

How about closing the upper section of the Kop and potentially the Grandstand when the capacity is not required? Other clubs do similar and it groups supporters closer together nearer to the pitch. I guess this may create more atmosphere?!

May be difficult to close the Grandstand though given the facilities it offers and how it is used.

Just a thought...

Sadly the reality is that we have a ground that was originally designed for 50k crowds it's just too big and open for average second division games.

In all my years of watching Wednesday I can't remember a great atmosphere at Hillsborough with a crowd of less than 30k

On 08/01/2020 at 14:33, Ferkorf said:

Why do you want people to move from there? Whats the logic behind it?

The people there tough or not make noise and would be better somewhere else?

I think the people on the kop are rite hard compared to them on North... my uncle sits on kop and he can tear a telephone book in half with his bare hands