Atmosphere ideas

Atmosphere is shocking at hillsborough at the moment. Hate to say it but I think the only way to improve it is to have a choreographed standing/singing section. That sort of thing didn’t sit right with me at first but it seems to have worked at other clubs.

11 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

Atmosphere is shocking at hillsborough at the moment. Hate to say it but I think the only way to improve it is to have a choreographed standing/singing section. That sort of thing didn’t sit right with me at first but it seems to have worked at other clubs.

Cant expect the fans to be standing and singing for the turgid performances of the last 3 weeks or so. The team also has a responsibility to create the atmosphere. Chicken or the egg.

Won't be popular, but in terms of atmosphere, our fanbase is dead in the water and not recoverable. At least not for a few years.

Very few if any new young fans since DC took over, too many over 40's more bothered about car parking and real ale, and too many season ticket holders institutionalised into sitting in silence.

Massive challenge ahead when we start trying to turn this round.

• Haha 2

Most league grounds in the country will be saying exactly the same. I think its unfair to think we are any worse than many many others 

Home games are a slog at the best of times - its 90% season ticket holders now. Its like a second job - always has been always will be around this time in the season.

Starts off a better atmosphere and depending on how the season is going it finishes off better.

Part timers add to it because its more of a day out for them.

Half full ground, very little away support, varied kick off times, cloud of points deduction hanging over head - not the recipe for a party atmosphere!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

But where in the ground and how would likeminded fans go about making it happen?

Ideally in the middle of the kop, but making it happen has to be down to the club, by engaging with fans preferably, something that's lacking miserably by DC and a once a year fans forum can't paper over that crack.

Safe standing section or a dedicated stand is the way forward then fans can make a choice

At the moment persistent standing is likely to cause too much friction with the older fan, young kids etc unable to stand for 90 minutes (plenty of comments made at the play off final at Wembley) 

I prefer to sit to be honest but get that its par for the course at away games to stand

Each to their own if you provide a choice

40 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Get the team playing on the front foot from the 1st second.  The rest will follow.  It really is that simple. 

Lets be honest then. 90% of the time as a fan we aren't on the front foot playing great football. Thats the reality of the division we are in and the level we are at. 

Also I thought we've played pretty well at times this season at home and the crowd haven't responded. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

15 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Just watching the Manchester derby, it got me thinking, so many clubs stand behind their goal, we must be one of the only ones that don't.

I generally think standing has some form of influence on an atmosphere. 

What is it with nobody wanting to stand on the kop at Hillsborough?

I think we need to be proactive now because home matches are becoming more of a chore now and in my homes opinion, it does have an effect on the players.

Recently went to Cologne and managed to get tickets to a match.

The atmosphere was awesome, 49,000 fans, most singing for 90 mins.

Area behind the goal was standing and they had a man with a megaphone starting off all the songs.

They were jumping up and down and chanting all the way through.  Although it was orchestrated it was still great.

Away fans had drums and were also singing.

It was a bottom of the league clash as well, said to my other half, it puts us to shame.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mus said:

Recently went to Cologne and managed to get tickets to a match.

The atmosphere was awesome, 49,000 fans, most singing for 90 mins.

Area behind the goal was standing and they had a man with a megaphone starting off all the songs.

They were jumping up and down and chanting all the way through.  Although it was orchestrated it was still great.

Away fans had drums and were also singing.

It was a bottom of the league clash as well, said to my other half, it puts us to shame.

Fan culture in Germany is on another planet. Fans are coordinated,organised and collectively intense. 

7 minutes ago, Minton said:

Atmosphere ideas: I'd say 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide and a sprinkling of other gases for flavour.

Why change a winning formula?

lol

If only you'd read the whole thread before posting.