Tom Lees up for an award

Guest Willow Owl

They obviously didn’t discuss this with the  so called experts on hear. According to some he is not worth his shirt. What do the PFA know heh !!

You see this time and again with the team of the week and the like

The person or people in charge of compiling these things don’t watch any of the games, they just see who’s scored or who has kept a clean sheet etc etc

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's a no from me.

Squad player only going forward.

I realise this is the opinion at the moment, but it's not one I agree with.

From what I can see, we have two CB's who are usually in and around good form, and another that is sometimes brilliant, but other times less so.    In other words  Lees and Borner are usually consistent, but not eye catchingly so.    When Iorfa is good, he is awesome.   Sometimes he is exactly the opposite though, although not often thankfully.

I don't know what the answer to this conundrum is, but I don't think it's dropping Lees.

Maybe more rotation?  I don't think putting Iorfa to right back is the answer, he always looks like a 3rd CB covering RB when he is there recently.

Iorfa would benefit from being first on the team sheet definitely, but the only reason I would do that would be to put him in the window to sell for big money - otherwise he needs bringing back down to earth every few matches with bench time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I realise this is the opinion at the moment, but it's not one I agree with.

From what I can see, we have two CB's who are usually in and around good form, and another that is sometimes brilliant, but other times less so.    In other words  Lees and Borner are usually consistent, but not eye catchingly so.    When Iorfa is good, he is awesome.   Sometimes he is exactly the opposite though, although not often thankfully.

I don't know what the answer to this conundrum is, but I don't think it's dropping Lees.

Maybe more rotation?  I don't think putting Iorfa to right back is the answer, he always looks like a 3rd CB covering RB when he is there recently.

Iorfa would benefit from being first on the team sheet definitely, but the only reason I would do that would be to put him in the window to sell for big money - otherwise he needs bringing back down to earth every few matches with bench time.

I was surprised Murray didn’t start for them Saturday given Maupay is their first choice at the moment and probably needed a rest.

Iorfa would have struggled more against an old pro like Murray , like he did with Martin and Gregory, than a pacy striker like Maupay. They were not going to beat him for pace.

10 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

They obviously didn’t discuss this with the  so called experts on hear. According to some he is not worth his shirt. What do the PFA know heh !!

Well no ones said that have they, a standard owlstalk reaction when one of Bannan, FF, Lees or Westwood get critiqued 

Guest Willow Owl
31 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Well no ones said that have they, a standard owlstalk reaction when one of Bannan, FF, Lees or Westwood get critiqued 

Yes they have, Just read back through recent threads !!
What have Bannan, FF or Westwood got to do with a Tom Lees thread.

5 hours ago, Spookone said:

Pleased for him but it’s a rather bizarre decision 

Perhaps the stat for clearances doesn't factor in how many times it goes straight back to the opposition...

:duntmatter:

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

He finished 2nd behind Luke Ayling. Well done Tom. 

● Luke Ayling (Leeds United) – 39%
● Tom Lees (Sheffield Wednesday) – 15%
● Jed Wallace (Millwall) – 13%
● Lee Tomlin (Cardiff City) – 12%
● Sam Johnstone (West Brom) – 11%
● Andre Ayew (Swansea City) – 10%