Ritchie Humphreys

13 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Give it up.

You were wrong and now don't want to admit it.

I know, let's play Bannan on the right wing and Fletcher at left back next game, see what happens.

Muppet.

Humphreys was played consistently at left back, and anyone who consistently watched games back then knows it.    Maybe you watched less football than you remember.

He wasn’t played consistently at left back by David pleat at all - as I said I don’t recall it ever happening although someone above said there were a couple of games where it did.

i was regular home and away at the time but it was almost 25 years ago.

i don’t think your suggestion to move bannan to right wing and fletcher to left back is a good idea for the Leeds game either - fletcher is also likely to be injured. 

if you want to pretend that Humphreys came in, scored loads of goals and then was moved to play left back which ruined him that’s up to you - it didn’t happen though. 

On 07/01/2020 at 20:30, Salmonbones said:

Give it up.

You were wrong and now don't want to admit it.

I know, let's play Bannan on the right wing and Fletcher at left back next game, see what happens.

Muppet.

Humphreys was played consistently at left back, and anyone who consistently watched games back then knows it.    Maybe you watched less football than you remember.

Maybe you remember his career better than the man himself!

Have a listen to this, he states he hadn't played at left-back before his last game for us:

https://player.fm/series/the-owl-sanctuary/the-owl-sanctuary-ritchie-humphreys

It's a good interview to be fair to him.

Teriffic left foot, but too slow to play at Premiership level.

I think he won award and audition with Queen for playing most games in row or something like that.

He is a United fan, and many moons ago we almost swapped him with them for greek full back Vos Borbokis.

Will always remain in my fond memory for those couple of world class goals he scored at the start of his Wednesday career.

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe you remember his career better than the man himself!

Have a listen to this, he states he hadn't played at left-back before his last game for us:

https://player.fm/series/the-owl-sanctuary/the-owl-sanctuary-ritchie-humphreys

It's a good interview to be fair to him.

He certainly played left back in FA Cup win against Blades in 00/01

I remember him playing holding midfielder against Wimbledon in FA Cup quarter final back in 97'

2 hours ago, malek said:

He certainly played left back in FA Cup win against Blades in 00/01

I remember him playing holding midfielder against Wimbledon in FA Cup quarter final back in 97'

It was the league cup, the interview discusses that game, his last appearance for us and pretty much his first at left-back as he explains. He was never a left-back in the PL for us as some have suggested.