Ritchie Humphreys

My mate plays in the 9 aside league at graves park and he was on the opposite team. He says ‘retirement has well and truly taken it’s toll’

I was quite young when he played for us in the premier league, any memories of him? Was he from the academy? 

Despite the additional weight, I bet he still stands out as one of the better players.  The Vets league I play in has has a few ex pros from Cambridge, Peterborough, Lincoln and Leicester, most are well over weight and complete wee wee heads but really stand out with how simple they make the game look.  

1 minute ago, Junglejay said:

Despite the additional weight, I bet he still stands out as one of the better players.  The Vets league I play in has has a few ex pros from Cambridge, Peterborough, Lincoln and Leicester, most are well over weight and complete wee wee heads but really stand out with how simple they make the game look.  

Good though that they’ve all retrained as vets

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Looked a world beater for 3 games. Spent most of his career at Hartlepool where he is a bit of a legend.

Scored a cracking goal against Leicester in the PL when Wednesday won their first four games of the season with Pleat in charge, I think?

^^^^ that's the one, Snoots!

Edited by Musn't Grumble
Posts crossed

13 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

We ruined him by moving him to left back.

Never was the same player again.

he only went to left back when he had been out of the team forever and we were on the bones of our backside.

he was never gonna be a striker at a decent level which is why he spent most of his career at Hartlepool.

superb 3 game spell - never did much after that.

14 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Scored a cracking goal against Leicester in the PL when Wednesday won their first four games of the season with Pleat in charge, I think?

^^^^ that's the one, Snoots!

Yes, top of the League then we played Arsenal away on the Monday night.

Hirst hit the bar (fastest recorded shot on Sky)? - then Des Walker got sent off and we lost 4-1 (4-0)?

All above is from memory - could be wrong.