Nketiah Decision

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Though they complain that lack of goals, and poor decision making is an issue We are oversubscribed with wide players who don’t score, and have a poor final ball Why would we want more of the same

there is a massive difference between premiership and championship. What you expecting a winger from premiership who has scored 15 goals and 15 assists?

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

See above

You don't know he wouldn't score, because he's a young player that hasn't established himself yet. With his talent, I'm sure he'll breakthrough somewhere sooner or later. Hopefully here. That's the chance you take with youth. I'm more concerned about assists from wide areas anyway. Let the striker signings bang the goals in. Murphy's contribution in terms of assists is poor. 

Edited by wilyfox

18 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

I think Bristol, big track record with Tammy Abraham. Also chased him all summer and lost out last minute, no other real strikers after Afobe injury. 

Don’t see Forest, very similar player to Grabban from what I’ve seen. 

He’ll play here but on paper they may see the number of strikers we have and be put off. 

Similar player to Grabban? Theyre about as different as they come. Grabban is a target man and Nketiah gets in behind.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

Similar player to Grabban? Theyre about as different as they come. Grabban is a target man and Nketiah gets in behind.

Grabban a target man AHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Grabban doesn’t run in behind AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH 

Does anyone else think he will end up at Bristol City because he will be looking at the game time Tammy Abrahams got and the way his career has gone since being at BC.

Where as can anyone think of the last good loan attacking player we had its probably Wickham or Barkley we just don't have good loan signing that are forwards defensively we have had loads but up the other end of the pitch not many.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does anyone else think he will end up at Bristol City because he will be looking at the game time Tammy Abrahams got and the way his career has gone since being at BC.

Where as can anyone think of the last good loan attacking player we had its probably Wickham or Barkley we just don't have good loan signing that are forwards defensively we have had loads but up the other end of the pitch not many.

No 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

Read what Ive put. I said grabban doesnt run in behined cant you read

And the point being that Grabban DOES run in behind.

6 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

Read what Ive put. I said grabban doesnt run in behined cant you read

That's literally his thing! Got a lot of Forest mates (living in Nottingham as I do) and they all mention his ability to get in behind the last defender... then miss sitters.

24 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think we've had a few decent attacking loan players, but I agree that none are 'recent'.

Kenwyne Jones and and Michail Antonio also spring to mind as good loan signings. Very good.

I'd be surprised if he signs anywhere other than Bristol City.

Johnson went all out for the lad in the summer. He was planning on building the side around him. But, Nketiah chose Leeds at the final hour.

If you're a player, that sticks with you. This is a manager who really wanted you, and even when you turned them down, they are still willing to go all out to sign you yet again.

I'd imagine, that'll prove too much to turn down. 

That said, Arsenal will have their say, and Wednesday's big pulling power, is the chance creation stats. Compared to Bristol City and Forest, Wednesday are a much more attractive club for a striker to sign for. They already create chances. Does Nketiah want to risk going to a side that don't create many chances?

We're still in with an outside chance, but if he doesn't sign, it's not the end of the world. We'll have other options.