Nketiah Decision

On 08/01/2020 at 20:02, Sergeant Tibbs said:

The problem is the bookies.

They put a market, often with false favourites or unreflective odds, just to attract the mug punter. 

Being a reformed mug punter I am qualified to comment.

:bullen:

Sorry, Tibbs, but I must disagree. Bookies are, to use the more up-to-date term , Turf ACCOUNTANTS. They will look at any situation, and if someone wants a bet, they will make a 'book' on it. They then try to balance this book by altering the odds. Bookies only exist because there is someone somewhere who thinks he can make money.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

If you Google "nketiah" wages, you'll find he signed his first Pro contract in 2016,you'll also find his apparent first year wage at £2000 a week, after scoring 2 goals against Norwich in the carabao Cup, his first senior appearance goals they decided to offer him an improved 5 year deal but its no where near, not even close to £30,000  a week. 

He's on around £30-35k a week.

That's pretty standard for a rising star in one of the 'big 6'

10 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

From seeing quite a few comments Leeds fans seem to think he cost them around £3M for 6 months. Thats £1,000,000 a goal and £175,000 each time he went on the pitch. 

Plus having to pay 100% of his 30k+ wage.

Very expensive loan signing.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

why would a club pay between 25k-37k a week for a player to have never played a league game? u23 to league football is a huge jump and giving a young lad say a 4 year deal on that kind of money means he could have 6-7 million in bank by time he is 21 and still not or maybe never play a league game . if its true then its pathetic . id have thought there would be some kind of sliding scale once a player starts making the 1st team etc before his wages start to increase to anything like those levels. 

Pretty much the norm these days i'm afraid, kids you've never heard of are picking up 10/15k a week. I read somewhere that Reuben Loftus-Cheek signed a deal at 15 on 20k p/w. Madness.

20 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

He's on around £30-35k a week.

That's pretty standard for a rising star in one of the 'big 6'

But he's not, he isn't a first team regular, search hard enough and you'll find out, just because he's an arsenal player doesn't equate to the wages you claim. 

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

But he's not, he isn't a first team regular, search hard enough and you'll find out, just because he's an arsenal player doesn't equate to the wages you claim. 

But he is. Nixon not only confirmed it but it was widely reported from the Leeds side that he's on that sort of money.

Young fringe players/prospects at top clubs are on way more than you think.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-leeds-agree-4m-deal-in-fee-and-wages/

15 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

From seeing quite a few comments Leeds fans seem to think he cost them around £3M for 6 months. Thats £1,000,000 a goal and £175,000 each time he went on the pitch. 

And that’s exactly the problem when people consistently ask why we don’t sign more of these young premiership loaners. 

They’re very expensive and often unreliable.

14 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Norwich City transfer news: Canaries look set to beat Villa and Bristol City to Nketiah signing.

Strange that Norwich already have their own young striker, who scored a hat trick against a decent championship team, but will send him out on loan and bring in someone else’s young striker on loan who only scored 3 goals in 4 months in the championship. 

17 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

But he is. Nixon not only confirmed it but it was widely reported from the Leeds side that he's on that sort of money.

Young fringe players/prospects at top clubs are on way more than you think.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-leeds-agree-4m-deal-in-fee-and-wages/

I'll rely on what his parent club say if it's all the same. 

1 hour ago, jacko1992 said:

Pretty much the norm these days i'm afraid, kids you've never heard of are picking up 10/15k a week. I read somewhere that Reuben Loftus-Cheek signed a deal at 15 on 20k p/w. Madness.

Was that before his debut? , making kids multi million aires before there debut though surely not, if nketiah was on say 10k a week they can still charge a loan fee of whatever any1 is prepared to pay . For him to progress though he needs regular football and im sure we can give him that with our dreadful front line without fletcher.

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Sorry, Tibbs, but I must disagree. Bookies are, to use the more up-to-date term , Turf ACCOUNTANTS. They will look at any situation, and if someone wants a bet, they will make a 'book' on it. They then try to balance this book by altering the odds. Bookies only exist because there is someone somewhere who thinks he can make money.

:bullen:

:bullen::bullen:

Norwich play one up front.  So won’t get game time unless pukki gets injured. I’m clinging to hope that he has decided to join us but after Leeds game. Cant see him signing for forest as we beat them 4 nil and only play 1 up front and Bristol city hopefully out of the equation as his mate Kasey Palmer has fell out of favour with Johnson. It won’t have gone unnoticed that we prefer 2 up front and have a distinct lack of pace up top and fletcher apart other 3 are misfiring.   We will see.