Nketiah Decision

8 hours ago, striker said:

The UK really has a betting problem when you can bet on the destination of a youth player going out on loan, along with number of corners in a game, first throw in etc. 

Wonder what odds on Bannan having chips for his tea, 7/2?

The problem is the bookies.

They put a market, often with false favourites or unreflective odds, just to attract the mug punter. 

Being a reformed mug punter I am qualified to comment.

:bullen:

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

This one getting more unlikely by the day. Norwich & Villa linked with Nketiah now. Plus, reading Arteta's quotes yday he may even stay with gooners. Apparently Martinelli heads off to Brazilian u23 thing soon. Nketiah may provide cover. 

Edited by wilyfox

18 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

This one getting more unlikely by the day. Norwich & Villa linked with Nketiah now. Plus, reading Arteta's quotes yday he may even stay with gooners. Apparently Martinelli heads off to Brazilian u23 thing soon. Nketiah may provide cover. 

If Premier league teams interested, we need to draw a line under it and move on. The player will want to play at the highest level and so will Arsenal.

Our need is urgent and time to move onto other targets. It may be taking a punt on someone like Gnanduillet or Clarke-Harris who, even on a permanent may be similar cost, considering loan fees and wages Nketiah likely to attract.

Edited by striker

Just now, striker said:

If Premier league teams interested, we need to draw a line under it and move on. The player will want to play at the highest level and so will Arsenal.

Our need is urgent and time to move onto other targets. It may be taking a punt on someone like Gnanduillet or Ckarke-Harris who, even on a permanent may be similar cost, considering loan fees and wages Nketiah likely to attract.

I hope we can somehow bring in two strikers. One that can replace Fletcher and another that offers something different and some pace. Our attacking options have been limited for quite some time, Fletcher's been the only consistent one, the others don't score enough.

39 minutes ago, striker said:

Our need is urgent and time to move onto other targets. It may be taking a punt on someone like Gnanduillet or Clarke-Harris who, even on a permanent may be similar cost, considering loan fees and wages Nketiah likely to attract.

Well, sure, we definitely should aim for a striker or two. I don't understand drawing a line or moving on. I have no idea whether we are looking at this guy or not. Nor does anyone here. NOne of us have any idea whether Arsenal are loaning him out. Nor do any of us have any idea who we are looking at now, if anyone, with what maturity.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, striker said:

Not so sure about that, I think he’d rather be a starter for a promotion chasing team for the next 4 months than a bench player at Norwich

38 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Exactly. The wages of Liverpool and Chelsea released recently have their junior players on £25/30k a week. I’d expect Arsenal’s to be on similar coin.

why would a club pay between 25k-37k a week for a player to have never played a league game? u23 to league football is a huge jump and giving a young lad say a 4 year deal on that kind of money means he could have 6-7 million in bank by time he is 21 and still not or maybe never play a league game . if its true then its pathetic . id have thought there would be some kind of sliding scale once a player starts making the 1st team etc before his wages start to increase to anything like those levels. 

9 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Nketiah would be mad to join villa over us or Bristol. Destined to fail at Villa, at least in the championship he’ll get a few goals and go under the radar.

I agree. They play a 451 and heavily relied on a Fletcher type in Wesley to lead the line alone. Even Norwich who have been linked with him today, they play 4231 and I don’t see Pukki being chucked on the bench.  If he’s smart he will come to us or Bristol. Both been playing 2 upfront and both desperate for strikers. 

I hope the lads more decisive infront of goal. 

31 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

why would a club pay between 25k-37k a week for a player to have never played a league game? u23 to league football is a huge jump and giving a young lad say a 4 year deal on that kind of money means he could have 6-7 million in bank by time he is 21 and still not or maybe never play a league game . if its true then its pathetic . id have thought there would be some kind of sliding scale once a player starts making the 1st team etc before his wages start to increase to anything like those levels. 

To stop clubs who are prepared to pay them daft money from signing them?

Sadly, it's a known fact that the likes of Chelsea started paying their youth silly money to keep them and farm them out on loan, which then drove up the demands of any decent youngster, and as such the top clubs pay these lads good brass. Worth remembering though, £30k a week to Chelaea, Arsenal, et al is buttons.

Also agree, it's pathetic.

Don't want to talk about George Hirst, but from our own experience, he left because someone was prepared to pay him c. £10k a week and he managed a cup game against lower league opposition in senior football for us, and he won't have been as highly regarded as the top youngsters at the big clubs!

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

On 08/01/2020 at 18:51, handworth52 said:

there is no way that at his age will be on 37k a week , arsenal though can charge whatever loan fee they like . 

If you google “Nketiah wages” there are several articles saying the deal would cost Leeds 4 million pound.

2 million loan fee plus all his wages of approx 35k per week.

Of course these articles might be from rubbish sources.

Would post a link if I had a clue how to do it 

44 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5253633/Man-City-footballer-20-25k-week-buys-market-2-25m-home.html

The above article is all the proof you need.

9 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

If you google “Nketiah wages” there are several articles saying the deal would cost Leeds 4 million pound.

2 million loan fee plus all his wages of approx 35k per week.

Of course these articles might be from rubbish sources.

Would post a link if I had a clue how to do it 

If you Google "nketiah" wages, you'll find he signed his first Pro contract in 2016,you'll also find his apparent first year wage at £2000 a week, after scoring 2 goals against Norwich in the carabao Cup, his first senior appearance goals they decided to offer him an improved 5 year deal but its no where near, not even close to £30,000  a week. 

• Thanks 1