Brighton tho...

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The thing is when in top flight Brighton have done nowt of note.

No challenges for Europe or finishing 3rd.

A completely forgettable time tbh.

As for the atmosphere at Amex for play off semi. It was a few clappers silenced by Ross Wallaces goal.

They are nearly on a level as Watford fans in their fanatical support for their club.  

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

All very true, but that's history and counts for nothing now.

Brightons future looks much more brighter than ours at the moment. Big new ground which can be easily expanded.  Bigger catchment are than us (dividing Sheffields population in half).

I don’t think it can be without a massive rebuild of one of the stands. Expansion would be difficult and probably not cost effective.

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

We have won the league 4 times. 

We could argue five times. We won the Alliance League, which merged with the Football League.

Just because it retained the name Football League, which should get credit for the title with won pre-merger.

25 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Every Blade I've ever met knows more about our history than there own.

lol

But most of the time it's just a blade version of history, when an incorrect statement gets repeated by them often enough that it becomes a fact in their heads. 

• Like 1

For those who don't know, Brighton's storied rivalry with Palace was born from Alan Mullery (the then Brighton manager) calling Palace something nasty after a game (not sure what, perhaps he called them pillocks or something). Oh, and Mullery and Terry Venables didn't like each other. 

So yeah, that's where the rivalry came from...

Such is the intensity and ferocity of said derby, that Sky had to actually explain why the two teams "hate" each other before they played a few weeks back. 

On this basis, I believe there is a reasonable chance that this thread could lead to the beginning of an intense rivalry between Brighton and ourselves. 

The Old Forum derby? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 06/01/2020 at 19:20, Brighton84 said:

Give over. Atmosphere at that second leg was electric at the Amex, too. Lots of your fans I spoke to after that game were really impressed with the ground and the atmosphere that night. 

Atmosphere at the Amex is often pretty decent. As decent as it gets in this country thesedays, anyway.

With all due respect mate, the Amex "atmosphere" was 20,000 folk in the home ends clapping annoying paper clappers to generate noise. It's up there with goal music for goal celebrations - utter pish.

But those days have gone, you're going well in the Premier League and deserve to be there. If I was you, I'd enjoy Man City, Liverpool, Palace, etc and not give us a seconds thought!

22 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

The thing is when in top flight Brighton have done nowt of note.

No challenges for Europe or finishing 3rd.

A completely forgettable time tbh.

As for the atmosphere at Amex for play off semi. It was a few clappers silenced by Ross Wallaces goal.

It was a ''forced'' atmosphere that night from them - but they did it well. More of a family friendly atmosphere than a real gritty football one

Our end was a bag of nerves!

Probably the least intimidating place we could have had that semi final - if it had been at a more traditional club it would have been a bit lively leaving the stadium - but there they were weirdly friendly!!