Brighton tho...

27 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You could just say:

They're in the Prem and we are not.

Funnily enough, I made that point at the start. 

Hadn't realised I was arguing with you. My comment was entirely based on the "tinpot" thing and that wasn't you.

• Like 1

It's an awful ground; soulless, plastic and looks like a leisure centre outside or block of offices inside. Reminds me of Coventry's ground, which is just about the worst comment you can make on any new ground. Oh, and to whoever said about no posts; try being over 5'5" in that corner bit of the away end where you can only see half the pitch.

On top of that, if you're going to build a soulless out of town ground then I'd at least expect facilities to be better. Terrible food, terrible beer and transport to and from is a joke. Worst of all worlds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Owl.1867 said:

It's an awful ground; soulless, plastic and looks like a leisure centre outside or block of offices inside. Reminds me of Coventry's ground, which is just about the worst comment you can make on any new ground. Oh, and to whoever said about no posts; try being over 5'5" in that corner bit of the away end where you can only see half the pitch.

On top of that, if you're going to build a soulless out of town ground then I'd at least expect facilities to be better. Terrible food, terrible beer and transport to and from is a joke. Worst of all worlds.

Apart from that still think it’s decent 

Edited by torres
  • Haha 1

Just now, torres said:

I meant to add it’s rubbish for dwarves 

Apart from that still think it’s decent 

Spent most the match crouching down just so I could see. You accept rubbish like that as the way of things at old grounds but if I'm gonna have to get a train to the arse end of nowhere to stand in a plastic bowl then the least I expect is to see the match.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

lol

Surprised no one started this thread earlier.

Anyway, bo11ocks to them.

Yes, they're in the Prem and very well run and what not, but they're still Brighton.

Nearly ten years removed and they still haven't worked out that the whole *MASSIVE* thing was a joke.

Let them get back to their derby with Palace. 

The irony is they know we are a bigger club than them. So we do seem massive in comparison. When they came to a bouncing full Hillsborough in the playoffs they saw something they can never replicate.  What a night that was.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Half time Bovril said:

The irony is they know we are a bigger club than them. So we do seem massive in comparison. When they came to a bouncing full Hillsborough in the playoffs they saw something they can never replicate.  What a night that was.

Feels like so long ago, but I do recall them bringing a pitifully low amount for that first leg.

Out of the historically tin-pot clubs in the Premier league. 

By which I mean clubs who have spent 95% of their entire history bobbing about in the 2nd,  3rd and 4th division in front of gates of one man and his dog.......how many of them have been into administration before getting their 'deserved' place in the Premier?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

We took well over 2k yesterday, if the game was at Hillsborough they would of brought around 200

Maybe, but, had the game been at Hilsborough, would we have matched the total attendance at The Amex yesterday of some 20k ?

i doubt it 

1 hour ago, torres said:

As an away end the place is good. Facilities are top notch, catering to the particular away teams needs 
Not a post in sight 

Size of it matches their needs 

I have been to a lot worse!

I am not an advocate of out of town stadia BUT Brighton have got their match day operation down to a fine art.

Some very decent boozers around the station, regular free train to and from the ground, good catering in the ground at fair prices, very good view of the pitch as well. Nice town as well; sorry, I don’t get the haters/arrogance...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

I am not an advocate of out of town stadia BUT Brighton have got their match day operation down to a fine art.

Some very decent boozers around the station, regular free train to and from the ground, good catering in the ground at fair prices, very good view of the pitch as well. Nice town as well; sorry, I don’t get the haters/arrogance...

It's a matter of opinion.

My opinion is that it's an awful ground for an awful club.

2 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

It's a matter of opinion.

My opinion is that it's an awful ground for an awful club.

It’s all about opinions.

Brighton fans have been shat on from a great height since the Goldstone Ground was sold from under them so it’s testament to their fans that have stuck by them. I have no great affinity for Brighton per se, but the match day is a very good experience......in my opinion

1 hour ago, Stripes or die said:

Regular? You must be kidding. Getting away from that place was a nightmare.

4 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Brighton fans spent years watching their team in a temporary stadium over an athletics track, fair play to 'em I say.

75% of their current "support" didn't want to know back then though and only started going when they got bought a new ground and a decent team. 

And it's not as if they used to sell out the old ground and can pull out the "couldn't get a ticket excuse. They just couldn't be arsed until the going got good, most plastic fanbase in football along with Hull for whom the exact same applies. 

• Like 1