Brighton tho...

4 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Brighton are a decent club and they deserve the success they are having. Properly run, nice ground, and fans are ok. 

There’s a lot worse. 

Touch of the green eyed monster I suspect going on here. 

Bloody hell. 

If a club like that deserves their spell of 'success' then we should be champions of Europe soon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, torres said:

it’s an excellent ground to be fair 

It's a flat pack IKEA stadium in the middle of nowhere, like many of these new modern stadiums. Horrible places, all of them. Give me a traditional old ground any day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Palarse... 

Proper tinpot lol 

Yet Championship has the likes of Wednesday, Forest, West Brom, Leeds etc. Funny old game as they say.

The tv money has made it this way I’m afraid 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Are they bo11ocks.

A select few are bringing in that audience and the rest reap the benefits. 

No one from America, China etc is tuning in to watch Brighton and Hove Albion. 

It was two separate points, they are bringing in a quarter of a billion quid a year and have a worldwide TV audience it was meant to be.

51 minutes ago, SiJ said:

But they wouldn't be.

The point is that only a handful of clubs in this country command a global audience.

We are not one of them and neither are Brighton and Hove Albion. 

You're wrong mate. We definitely attract a global audience. I watched us on TV from a pub in Dublin in 2005 lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, londonowl said:

It was two separate points, they are bringing in a quarter of a billion quid a year and have a worldwide TV audience it was meant to be.

You could just say:

They're in the Prem and we are not.

Funnily enough, I made that point at the start. 

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It's a flat pack IKEA stadium in the middle of nowhere, like many of these new modern stadiums. Horrible places, all of them. Give me a traditional old ground any day. 

As an away end the place is good. Facilities are top notch, catering to the particular away teams needs 
Not a post in sight 

Size of it matches their needs 

I have been to a lot worse!

20 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Because their stadium is about 90 miles from any form of civilisation. Awful boring ground for an awful boring club.

Their ground is close to the biggest council estate in Brighton. Across the road from Sussex Uni and about 4 miles from the city centre.

They are a good club and a lot of my old mates are fans. OK it's a plastic stadium but nobody's perfect.

I don't mind Brighton they are in a different league to us so they are largely irrelevant as far as we are concerned. If they were in the same league as us I'd dislike them a bit more.

• Like 1