Who do you want in Round 4?

1 minute ago, LampsJnr said:

Why would Liverpool at home be awful? Massive team, massive crowd, would be huge! Would love it!

Because the whole build up would be about 1989. If (when) any idiot makes a comment/ chant about it our whole fan base will be besmirched, no matter how many comments the other way are made. Even booing ‘you’ll never walk alone’ would be seen as disrespectful. 

At the very least it would further sharpen the focus on our role and allow others to sharpen their knives. In short, it would be more hassle than it would be worth.

For the best chance of progression I'd want the lowest placed team at home who are definitely through which I think is Northampton (Carlisle are lower but could still lose their replay to Cardiff). But I'd be selfishly happy with an away ground that I've never seen Wednesday play at before to add to my list which has been stuck on 109 for too long - so either Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton, Northampton, Oxford or Portsmouth. 

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Because the whole build up would be about 1989. If (when) any idiot makes a comment/ chant about it our whole fan base will be besmirched, no matter how many comments the other way are made. Even booing ‘you’ll never walk alone’ would be seen as disrespectful. 

At the very least it would further sharpen the focus on our role and allow others to sharpen their knives. In short, it would be more hassle than it would be worth.

What if we go up?

6 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

They've played at Hillsborough 10 times since the disaster.

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yes. I know. A lot has changed since we lost 2-1 to them in 1999.

Build up would be no different to what it was in the 90s.

Liverpool fans gripe if they have any will be at the cops not us, so who's bothered.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yes. I know. A lot has changed since we lost 2-1 to them in 1999.

Everything has changed.

Apart from nothing.

The comment prior to yours stands and is absolutely true, we have played them in significant matches since.

Well, we’ll have to agree to disagree. 

Obviously things have changed with inquests etc since then. As has the advent of social media allowing idiots a platform which would be full of garbage in the build up to any potential fixture. 

I know we have played them at S6 many times since. I was there for most of them.

Edited by Ever the pessimist

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Like they did the last 3 times we’ve met?

They pretty much did in both games at the stain.. was embarrassing lining up with 7 defenders and hanging on for 0-0 for 90 mins

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

They pretty much did in both games at the stain.. was embarrassing lining up with 7 defenders and hanging on for 0-0 for 90 mins

Didn’t we have 14 players unavailable tho at the time

If Hutchinson hadn’t missed that sitter we’d have done them at Hillsborough