Borner and Iorfa

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

I'm pretty sure CC was quoted as saying "we" (the club) had looked at 200 CB's and I think we'd not even signed JV at that point. Bruce's or his "team" identified Borner and Iorfa. Who somehow clearly weren't on that list of 200.......I'd love to see who was on that list!!! Also, way to make JV feel special....at 201st choice lol 

Yep. It's more the question whether our recruitment has changed all that much over the past three years. In an obvious sense it has because we are forced into doing less of it.  The two CBs were great signings but Moses less obviously so: but whether Bruce gets credit or the mild blame for the other is hard to know really. 

On 04/01/2020 at 19:37, Grassy knoll said:

Borner and Iorfa tick more boxes as a partnership than any other, right and left footed, pace, height, strength and both can come out with the ball. 

This!!

Not knocking Lees but he’s not in the same class as these two. 

If we look at the quartet of:

Dawson

Iorfa Borner

Hutchinson

Is there a better defensive platform in the league ?? I don’t think so. If we could get full backs of the class of Pudil we’d be laughing.

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Lees is a decent defender, and can slip into that right centre back berth if needed. He was noticeably far less comfortable when asked to play on the left With Thorniley leaving, do we have another left sided centre back?

Not now we don’t... I would have made it simple and said Iorfa and Borner are my partnership... but if Iorfa doesn’t play Lees comes in and Borner doesn’t play Thorniley comes in. Really rated Thorniley 

Börner and Iorfa should definitely be the pick, but I think it makes right back a major issue.

Palmer crocked (and not very good anyway)

Odubajo seemingly well out of favour

Urhoghide doesn’t look ready to me

Personally I would play Odubajo, but assuming that’s not going to happen then I’d select Hutchinson to play there rather than put Iorfa in.

Having said all that, a change to a back three solves many of the issues...

I would also like to see a midfield three of Lee, Luongo and Bannan 

Edited by McRightSide