Borner and Iorfa

3 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Borner and Iorfa must be one of the top 3 pairings in this league now with Dawson not far behind in goal. Just the RB and LB positions we trail behind in.

Fox is nowhere near their class, but I'm legitimately starting to think he is one of the "better" LBs in the entire division. He's really come on in the last year. 

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Bruce did a reyt job snaffling these two. All for 200k

To Think Carlos went through a list of 200 centre halves and the best he could find was Van Aken for £4m

Didn't cost £4m, he cost closer to half that according to every media report going at the time. £4m is an Owlstalk made up number that's become "fact" because it sounds more disparaging. 

Edited by StudentOwl

If I was Eddie Howe at Bournemouth I would be getting my chairman on the phone to DC about Iorfa with a cheque ready for 10 million quid.  He is an unbelievable athlete for a centre half , you don’t come across defenders that are towering in the air and very quick very often. Against the scarily quick attackers in the premier league it’s a winning combination for a centre back. 

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Fox is nowhere near their class, but I'm legitimately starting to think he is one of the "better" LBs in the entire division. He's really come on in the last year. 

Didn't cost £4m, he cost closer to half that according to every media report going at the time. £4m is an Owlstalk made up number that's become "fact" because it sounds more disparaging. 

Either way he was massively overpriced.

7 hours ago, mcmigo said:

If I was Eddie Howe at Bournemouth I would be getting my chairman on the phone to DC about Iorfa with a cheque ready for 10 million quid.  He is an unbelievable athlete for a centre half , you don’t come across defenders that are towering in the air and very quick very often. Against the scarily quick attackers in the premier league it’s a winning combination for a centre back. 

What's that for? a pair of signed boots?

7 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Potter at Brighton already should have 

8 hours ago, mcmigo said:

If Adam Webster is worth upwards of £20m, why would we sell Iorfa for £10m?

Iorfa and Borner is definitely the way to go.

It's a little harsh on the skipper, but as a 3rd choice CB goes, then what a 3rd choice he is. If he plays I wouldn't be too worried or disappointed.

Not many in this league can say they can call upon players of that quality than those 3 when needed.

Then throw in 4th choice Hutchinson.

Looking good at CB.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If Adam Webster is worth upwards of £20m, why would we sell Iorfa for £10m?

Are you saying that, after a couple of dozen games for us , he has increased his value by 100 times ?

He is a good player no doubt but not the finished article and not 20m worth yet

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Are you saying that, after a couple of dozen games for us , he has increased his value by 100 times ?

Similar happened with Webster, Bristol City signed him from Ipswich and then a year later he's going to the Premier League for £25M. 

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I'm saying that if Adam Webster is worth upwards of £20m, we shouldn't accept £10m for Iorfa if there's genuine Premier League interest.

Iorfa is the younger of the two, has played far more first team football at Championship level, and was selected to represent England at a higher age bracket.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility to suggest that if one is worth £20m+ then the other shouldn't be far behind if a Premier League team come knocking.

23 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Totally agree
like Lees he’s solid in the air but he’s too ponderous in possession and forces the midfield to come back and pick the ball off him

Borner and Big Dom for me

The midfield don’t need an invitation , Hutchinson and bannan are obsessed with our own box 

12 hours ago, Stoop said:

Bruce did a reyt job snaffling these two. All for 200k

To Think Carlos went through a list of 200 centre halves and the best he could find was Van Aken for £4m

Um. This is insane. Carvalhal went through a list of 200 centre halves? Bruce found these two centre halves? 

I mean, I know we have real structural weaknesses as a club and all that and decision making is to put it mildly opaque. But... Our managers are scouting? 

7 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Um. This is insane. Carvalhal went through a list of 200 centre halves? Bruce found these two centre halves? 

I mean, I know we have real structural weaknesses as a club and all that and decision making is to put it mildly opaque. But... Our managers are scouting? 

I'm pretty sure CC was quoted as saying "we" (the club) had looked at 200 CB's and I think we'd not even signed JV at that point. Bruce's or his "team" identified Borner and Iorfa. Who somehow clearly weren't on that list of 200.......I'd love to see who was on that list!!! Also, way to make JV feel special....at 201st choice lol 

Edited by Morepork

The irony of this.

A position, which for several seasons seemed to be impossible for us to address our needs and then we snare these two for peanuts in the same closed season.

The absolute benchmark for future transfers and proof positive that there is value right under our noses if only you have the personnel capable of spotting them and without being influenced by personal gain.

Edited by Morepork

7 minutes ago, Morepork said:

The irony of this.

A position, which for several seasons seemed to be impossible for us to address our needs and then we snare these two for peanuts in the same closed season.

The absolute benchmark for future transfers and proof positive that there is value right under our noses if only you have the personnel capable of spotting them and without being influenced by personal gain.

I'm on it Porkers ....

The ouija boards out ....

Is there anybody there ?

Pete ....

Is that you ?

_46518662_-12.jpg.6675eeef41b860379055927d1df0693b.jpg

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'm pretty sure CC was quoted as saying "we" (the club) had looked at 200 CB's and I think we'd not even signed JV at that point. Bruce's or his "team" identified Borner and Iorfa. Who somehow clearly weren't on that list of 200.......I'd love to see who was on that list!!! Also, way to make JV feel special....at 201st choice lol 

Reminds me of when Wilko was seeking a new CH. He badly wanted Mark Wright from Liverpool but failed. Got his 25th choice, so it was said at the time,  Nigel Pearson from Shrewsbury. Not bad eh?