Never Ever ...

Just now, S36 OWL said:

They are our best partnership. 

Borner is our future captain. 

I think so. Nothing against Lees as such, and I actually think Lees and Börner doesn't look too bad a partnership either, but Börner seems to bring out another level from Iorfa at centre back, the benefit of which is just far too great for us to ignore.

5 minutes ago, cowl said:

I think so. Nothing against Lees as such, and I actually think Lees and Börner doesn't look too bad a partnership either, but Börner seems to bring out another level from Iorfa at centre back, the benefit of which is just far too great for us to ignore.

In the same way loovens bought the best out of Lees. 

Spent force is a bit harsh, thinking back, it's just borner brings more to the table. 

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

In the same way loovens bought the best out of Lees. 

Spent force is a bit harsh, thinking back, it's just borner brings more to the table. 

It's strange that we see this with some centre backs. Hutchinson is a very good centre back, but the partnership with Lees never really worked.

5 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Lees has been a great servant for us and should be applauded for it. Much like Loovens, he is past his best but still is a great stand-in.

spot on

Excellent as a part of the squad but currently 3rd choice as 2 others are performing well 

He is there to ensure they don’t drop off that level 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

It’s hard on Lees because I do think he’s a good player in the Championship but Borner and Iorfa are so much better individually and (in particular) together right now. 

Then Lees remains a valued squad member...Its how it should be....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, torres said:

....Play Iorfa anywhere but centre back 

He is outstanding there!!

I think he's more of a Centre Back than a Right Back, but he was also our MoM from right back against Hull. SO is definitely capable of playing both.

But I agree, Borner and Iorfa seem to have the right balance and it is great having two CBs who can play out from the back.