Pay on the gate is dead - and it’s a problem

Ok so I get the strategy - make season tickets attractive vs POTG but how many people are we losing through the pain of buying tickets on match day? 

I see at every match the long queue at the south stand ticket hut and I think it’s disgraceful that we make it painful for fans to hand over their money on match day. 

We have a good core of season ticket holders but where is everyone else? I used to be a POTG as I would decide last minute. I would not do that now - too expensive and painful. 

Its a major problem IMO. We should be doing everything to attract ALL fans, and making it easy for them to watch our club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Ok so I get the strategy - make season tickets attractive vs POTG but how many people are we losing through the pain of buying tickets on match day? 

I see at every match the long queue at the south stand ticket hut and I think it’s disgraceful that we make it painful for fans to hand over their money on match day. 

We have a good core of season ticket holders but where is everyone else? I used to be a POTG as I would decide last minute. I would not do that now - too expensive and painful. 

Its a major problem IMO. We should be doing everything to attract ALL fans, and making it easy for them to watch our club. 

Spot on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard core fans will buy a season ticket. Casuals will probably not go to as many games and a lot will just stop going. Many years ago if relatives visited I'd take them to a game while they were in Sheffield, I wouldn't bother now, not at the top prices anyway.

• Like 4

Just now, prowl said:

Hard core fans will buy a season ticket. Casuals will probably not go to as many games and a lot will just stop going. Many years ago if relatives visited I'd take them to a game while they were in Sheffield, I wouldn't bother now, not at the top prices anyway.

I used to take non owls to games regularly. 

No chance whatsoever for the last 3 years at those prices.

• Like 3

I’m a POTG fan, used to go when tickets were reasonable (£30ish) 

I haven’t gone for the last 2 seasons because primarily the increase in price and the standard of football...

Went on NYD, for something different - a treat for myself - then instantly remembered why I stopped going 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

What about all the ST holders on the North, no point them taking any mates / friends to the match as they can't sit with / near them. 

So that's what 5-6k fans where it's pointless asking someone to go to the match or  if they do go will be sat in a different stand.

• Like 1

I'd like an owner that learns from his mistakes rather than keeps making them.

I'll not lie, I'm utterly sick to my back teeth of him.

It's not the mistakes themselves; some you win, some you lose, after all, and that's fine. But to keep getting the ticketing so wrong!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

It's all about short term income with DC with his multi year Season tickets, and sod the consequences. 

52 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Just wondering how your last minute decision would have gone these last two games :tango:.  

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Well...I went to both home games over the festive period.

Think it cost me somewhere in the region of 75 quid?

Seventy five quid to watch that.

It us football, so there's no guarantees...but you cant help but question what's the point for that price/level of effort. 

Needless to say, in a long list of gaffes, the POTD prices is right at the top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1963owl said:

the trouble is, once somebody gets out of the habit of going to the match,they wont get the habit back...especially at them prices

Spot on.

I dont think some people appreciate how easy it is to completely get out of the habit of going.