Changes expected vs Brighton - Your Team

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Brighton are a weird bunch aren't they? I didn't realise they were so obsessed with us.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?377434-Owlstalk

I like FatSuperman, he's quite accurate too.

7 Not allowed!
As much as I can get behind the whole Wednesday massive club theme, I do have a small voice at the back of my mind that the vast majority of the fans will just be decent football mad people like the rest of us, and they have a half batshit owner who has decided to play with fire chasing the PL dream. They are probably in a downbeat mood because they have the incompetent EFL clowns working out their punishment for a blatantly odd piece of financial accounting. Would put a dampener on the season if you knew it doesn’t really matter how well you do, you’re likely getting a points deduction that will take you below the top six. Plus they’ve lost a few on the bounce. You know what we are like when that happens!

I feel they lost their best chance a few years ago and will need some serious surgery. They don’t have a coherent, joined up approach to running a club. They haven’t aligned their academy, loans and first team up. They just hire in mercenaries and get hammered. Must hurt to look at the Blades squad and how they are dying for each other. Some of the WEDNESDAY players look like they don’t give a poo. I feel for the fans, but since this is the approach for most clubs, I only have so much empathy to spare them.

Dawson 

Odubajo       Iorfa          Lees              Fox

Murphy       Luongo       Lee             Harris

Fletcher     Forestieri 

We need a strong line up or it could be embarrassing. Changes inevitable after a busy festive schedule but losing 4 on the bounce won't do anything for team confidence. 

I guess changes to the team are inevitable for this fixture.  Because the cup isn't our priority.

We are so close to the playoffs, so the league has to be our focus.

Also I'm sure there are players that need a period of recovery after playing a lot of football over the xmas period.

I just hope we keep the number of team changes down to a sensible level (a maximum of 4 I'd say).

28 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I like FatSuperman, he's quite accurate too.

7 Not allowed!
As much as I can get behind the whole Wednesday massive club theme, I do have a small voice at the back of my mind that the vast majority of the fans will just be decent football mad people like the rest of us, and they have a half batshit owner who has decided to play with fire chasing the PL dream. They are probably in a downbeat mood because they have the incompetent EFL clowns working out their punishment for a blatantly odd piece of financial accounting. Would put a dampener on the season if you knew it doesn’t really matter how well you do, you’re likely getting a points deduction that will take you below the top six. Plus they’ve lost a few on the bounce. You know what we are like when that happens!

I feel they lost their best chance a few years ago and will need some serious surgery. They don’t have a coherent, joined up approach to running a club. They haven’t aligned their academy, loans and first team up. They just hire in mercenaries and get hammered. Must hurt to look at the Blades squad and how they are dying for each other. Some of the WEDNESDAY players look like they don’t give a poo. I feel for the fans, but since this is the approach for most clubs, I only have so much empathy to spare them.

Well he's absolutley spot on there. Couldn't have put it better myself.

5 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Maybe its more finding a system to better suit our players

Dawson

Iorfa hutch borner

Moses                     reach

Lee   luongo  bannan

Fletch  harris

5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Worth a try 

You've changed your tune @Kagoshimaowl

This was your reaction last month when I suggested 3-5-2 would be a good option to consider:

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 02:01, Kagoshimaowl said:

Absolutely ridiculous. We don’t have ANY wing backs in the squad and only Reach could do any sort of job there. And don’t suggest Harris because that would take away all of his qualities. He can’t defend at all. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 03:41, Kagoshimaowl said:

Fox, Lee and Iorfa have never been wing backs. Penney is not even at the club and Odubajo is a liability. Then Reach can play the role but he’s poor defensively. Also, you have to bench Harris or play him in an unfamiliar role. As I said, ridiculous. Glad you aren’t our manager!

:tango:

For what it's worth, I think the formation that @Ash77 has suggested would work fine and get the best out of some of our better players.

Edited by Westfield Owl

1 hour ago, VBQ24 said:

Bloody hell think we've touched a nerve, didn't think they'd still care about a Playoff Semi Final from almost 4 years ago... 

That said, paste this on the dressing room wall and let's hammer the feckers. Would love to spend 90 minutes winding their fans up. 

Nope it goes back longer than 2016 when a few Brighton fans signed up and got a bit precious. Think we beat them in the subsequent game 1-0. They took the massive joke badly for some reason. But they do have a history of creating rivalries with teams miles away. Like Palace

lol

• Haha 1

Only changes I expect are Odubajo in, Borner and Iorfa at the back. Luongo in midfield. Murphy down one of the flanks and Fletcher and Rhodes upfront. If some kids are involved, it’ll probably be from the bench?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Those Brighton fans...

Still bitter about the play off semi final?

Youd think it was us who went up going by that.

If we are not careful, they might try and start a fake rivalry with us like they do with Palace.

Bloody tinpot, plastic outfit. 

In many ways, they're perfectly suited to the PL. 

Edited by SiJ

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

You've changed your tune @Kagoshimaowl

This was your reaction last month when I suggested 3-5-2 would be a good option to consider:

:tango:

For what it's worth, I think the formation that @Ash77 has suggested would work fine and get the best out of some of our better players.

When your wingers are playing as poo as ours are, it may be worth a try!