Changes expected vs Brighton - Your Team

As much as I can get behind the whole Wednesday massive club theme, I do have a small voice at the back of my mind that the vast majority of the fans will just be decent football mad people like the rest of us, and they have a half batshit owner who has decided to play with fire chasing the PL dream. They are probably in a downbeat mood because they have the incompetent EFL clowns working out their punishment for a blatantly odd piece of financial accounting. Would put a dampener on the season if you knew it doesn’t really matter how well you do, you’re likely getting a points deduction that will take you below the top six. Plus they’ve lost a few on the bounce. You know what we are like when that happens!

I feel they lost their best chance a few years ago and will need some serious surgery. They don’t have a coherent, joined up approach to running a club. They haven’t aligned their academy, loans and first team up. They just hire in mercenaries and get hammered. Must hurt to look at the Blades squad and how they are dying for each other. Some of the WEDNESDAY players look like they don’t give a poo. I feel for the fans, but since this is the approach for most clubs, I only have so much empathy to spare them.

One of the posts on Brighton's supporter forum... close to the truth apart from the "envy" of the Blades who I couldn't give a throw about.

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

Westwood

Moses   Hutch    Bates  Fox

Murphy    Lee     Joey      Reach

Nuhui     Rhodes

We need to rest as many as possible, no need for a cup run this year and even if we went for it I cant see us getting anything from Brighton. 

Id be fuming if I was travelling all That way down there to see that team WTF:

think we'll be making a raft of changes, this game will be no where near a priority for Monk.  

What hell do I have no idea. Though I expect we'll go there and try and keep things as tight as possible.

I wouldn't play Fletcher personally.  I'd like to see Forestieri get some match play if his knee is on the mend. 

Have a feeling well see one up top and hoping for support. 

To that end there's only Fletcher who can realistically do that for us though.

Wildsmith

Odubajo   Iorfa  Borner    Fox

Pelupessy

Reach    Lee     Luongo  Forestieri

Fletcher

3 hours ago, clud17 said:

Dawson

Cant cross          CB      CB       Cant Cross

Cant pass a man    Sits too deep    Sits too deep     Harris

Too slow can't score    Too slow can't score

Crikey that is damning analysis :mellow:

Edited by Jim Wonk

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Do you pay his travelling expenses?

33 quid round trip on wizz air.

I've booked him on the Varna to Liverpool flight on the 17th to return on the 24th.

3 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Westwood

Moses   Hutch    Bates  Fox

Murphy    Lee     Joey      Reach

Nuhui     Rhodes

We need to rest as many as possible, no need for a cup run this year and even if we went for it I cant see us getting anything from Brighton. 

That's just unthinkably bad

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont blame Wednesday as 95% of side do it but do find it disappointing that sides dont really take FA Cup seriously.
Sounding like an old fart but 3rd round cup weekend used to be one of the most exciting weekends of the season.

Clubs like Brighton should take it serious not as if they are ever going to realistically compete for the league title.  

Find it strange that clubs at all level dismiss it so easily nowadays.  

Do think the suits have micro managed the competition to devalue it so fans just concentrate on the league.  Very sad.

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Brighton are a weird bunch aren't they? I didn't realise they were so obsessed with us.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?377434-Owlstalk

Bloody hell think we've touched a nerve, didn't think they'd still care about a Playoff Semi Final from almost 4 years ago... 

That said, paste this on the dressing room wall and let's hammer the feckers. Would love to spend 90 minutes winding their fans up.