Next batch of fixtures

After Leeds there is 9 winnable games to go at. I know we’ve lost the last 3 against mediocre teams but hopefully our blip has happened and we can push on again. Still only 4 points(unbelievably) off 3rd and some new signings will give us a lift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The last 3 games where all games that imo where considered winnable. 1 against the bottom of the league team, and 2 at home against bang average teams. The way we are playing at the minute I don’t fancy us against anyone. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

Believe or not I wouldn't put it past Wednesday to get a win at Leeds as bad as we were today

I wouldn’t be surprised either..you’re right... that’s how this GAME works...if the players want to try and they’re focussed I’m sure they will have every chance. I truly don’t believe they are all terrible players... i just think it’s decisions they make to turn up or not 

13 minutes ago, owls79 said:

After Leeds there is 9 winnable games to go at. I know we’ve lost the last 3 against mediocre teams but hopefully our blip has happened and we can push on again. Still only 4 points(unbelievably) off 3rd and some new signings will give us a lift.

New signings?....have I missed something?

39 minutes ago, owls79 said:

This is wednesday we are talking about 

A- Leeds- Lose ( Battered infact)

H- Blackburn- Lose

A- Wigan- Draw

H- Millwall - Lose

A- Dingles- Lose

A- Luton- Lose

H- Reading- Draw

A- Birmingham- Lose

H- Charlton- Draw

H- Derby- Draw

That's my predictions with how the team is playing at the moment. Seriously them last 2 home games have showed that without Fletcher from the start and Bannan having an off day we have absolutely zero threat in the team. Very much doubt we will but if by any miracle we can add some fresh faces then that might help. 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

A- Leeds- Lose ( Battered infact)

H- Blackburn- Lose

A- Wigan- Draw

H- Millwall - Lose

A- Dingles- Lose

A- Luton- Lose

H- Reading- Draw

A- Birmingham- Lose

H- Charlton- Draw

H- Derby- Draw

That's my predictions with how the team is playing at the moment. Seriously them last 2 home games have showed that without Fletcher from the start and Bannan having an off day we have absolutely zero threat in the team. Very much doubt we will but if by any miracle we can add some fresh faces then that might help. 

And some of you criticise the players for having no belief, spirit, fight or backbone?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, owls79 said:

Errr....... haven't we just lost three "winnable" games? 

8 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

The last 3 games where all games that imo where considered winnable. 1 against the bottom of the league team, and 2 at home against bang average teams. The way we are playing at the minute I don’t fancy us against anyone. 

Pal of mine is a Huddersfield ST holder. They were stuffed 5-2 at home by Stoke yesterday, and he described Stoke as one of the best teams he has seen this season.

Dont get me wrong. We were dire over Christmas. We are looking very nervy at Hillsborough especially.

9 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Every game is winnable. Just depends if jellyfish turn up or a great white shark with some bite in the team 

But jellyfish can sting and then you need someone to urinate on you to numb the pain. That could work for us!

• Haha 1

Hope we raise our game against Leeds after the last 3, after which we have a favourable run.

I know I keep banging on about it in various threads, but all depends on what business we can do and when in this window. 

I'm sick of this group of players, been let down for long enough and desperately needs some new blood. I want to see some pace, energy and tempo in the team, preferably lowering the average squad age, instead of watching plodders tread water. 

First time in a while we've not been embargoed and while not the best time to recruit compared to the summer window, while we're still in with a shout of the top 6 should have a go, mindful of FFP.

Edited by striker

41 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Pal of mine is a Huddersfield ST holder. They were stuffed 5-2 at home by Stoke yesterday, and he described Stoke as one of the best teams he has seen this season.

Dont get me wrong. We were dire over Christmas. We are looking very nervy at Hillsborough especially.

they where bottom of the league when we played them, which means almost every other team that have played them turned them over. As usual though we seem to be the team that struggling sides love to play to snap them out of a poor run. I really am feeling pi$$ed off about our shocking results and gutless performances over Christmas. 0 points from 9 against the teams we played is pathetic.