We miss..

28 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

we are without doubt lacking pace up front and I fully expect it to be addressed in the window, but we don't miss lucas joao.

but you are correct in your assumption that WHEN he turns up he's harder to mark than the others (pace does that). 

Chasing the game like yesterday I’d much rather Joao come off the bench than Rhodes. Simple as that really. 

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chasing the game like yesterday I’d much rather Joao come off the bench than Rhodes. Simple as that really. 

it's likely that 'chasing a game' will need guile and skill in the box (hooper, and forestierisesque) rather than speed.

how is LJ doing btw? serious question as I don't look at others unless they are around us.

8 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

it's likely that 'chasing a game' will need guile and skill in the box (hooper, and forestierisesque) rather than speed.

how is LJ doing btw? serious question as I don't look at others unless they are around us.

6 goals. Was out for best part of 2 months with injury. Scored 4 in the past 6. Reading are on a great run of form. 

Plus I think that’s harsh on Joao. He was very capable of clever movement and skill in the box and tight areas. Something we lack so much now. You’re right we’re crying out for a 2016 Forestieri and Hooper.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

6 goals. Was out for best part of 2 months with injury. Scored 4 in the past 6. Reading are on a great run of form. 

Plus I think that’s harsh on Joao. He was very capable of clever movement and skill in the box and tight areas. Something we lack so much now. You’re right we’re crying out for a 2016 Forestieri and Hooper.

I think forestieri might still be able to do the skills in the box, BUT with fletcher at c/f, could he play off him?

I very much doubt he has that burst of speed to get onto the 'knock on' or hold off the 'physical presence' of a second c/b whilst doing so.

also I think joao was (at times) lacking in interest, and maybe ok for a side building towards challenging, I'd like to hope we are at least a stage above that, besides it seemed he was one we could raise money on, and wasn't one of the untouchables.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

I think forestieri might still be able to do the skills in the box, BUT with fletcher at c/f, could he play off him?

I very much doubt he has that burst of speed to get onto the 'knock on' or hold off the 'physical presence' of a second c/b whilst doing so.

also I think joao was (at times) lacking in interest, and maybe ok for a side building towards challenging, I'd like to hope we are at least a stage above that, besides it seemed he was one we could raise money on, and wasn't one of the untouchables.

I agree it made sense to sell him. But he needs replacing, with someone with similar attributes. 

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I agree it made sense to sell him. But he needs replacing, with someone with similar attributes. 

for me we need to stop looking at what sheffield wednesday has or had in recent times, they failed.

we need (if possible)…… well to give it a name a Jamie Vardy, frightening pace with a finish.

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

for me we need to stop looking at what sheffield wednesday has or had in recent times, they failed.

we need (if possible)…… well to give it a name a Jamie Vardy, frightening pace with a finish.

Got a spare £50m lying around?

21 hours ago, LSOwls said:

We don't miss him but need someone with pace.

João was one of the most infuriating players we've ever had

agree. flashes of brilliance and quick feet but too few and far between. that's the difference between championship and premier league - consistency. 

5 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Fletcher is 155 mins per goal, Joao is 230 mins per goal 

Joao 6 goals in 1161 mins = goal every 193 minutes

Fletcher 12 goals in 1858 mins = goal every 155 minutes

Though really you should remove penalties when comparing goalscorers. 

Fletcher 8 goals = goal every 234 minutes

There’s few bigger fans of Fletcher than me, but it’s only fair to compare correctly.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Joao 6 goals in 1161 mins = goal every 193 minutes

Fletcher 12 goals in 1858 mins = goal every 155 minutes

Though really you should remove penalties when comparing goalscorers. 

Fletcher 8 goals = goal every 234 minutes

There’s few bigger fans of Fletcher than me, but it’s only fair to compare correctly.

I was going through bbc sport website, blame then! lol 

• Haha 1

We miss...

...too often.

:dry:

Joao was one of those players who every now and then would perform in a way that left you incredulous that he was on the bench so often. Then he would get given a few chances to start and would remind you why. 

Given the financial position we were in and his overall inconsistency, we had no choice but to accept Reading's offer really. But his departure has left us relying too much on forwards who are unfortunately all too consistent.